Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bogeycat

Lairian
Does anyone know about/use CBD oil for cats? I've found some interesting information and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it.. I want to get him on an anti-anxiety/calming supplement that's all natural and safe for him.

Please see my full explanation about my little cat below to understand a bit why I'm asking for this advice.

Full story:
Hello and thank you for reading!!! I've posted before about my little angel Bogey (2 years old, full pedigree canadian sphynx) and aggressive behavior. Last summer he freaked out and was screaming and pooped himself. This didnt happen for almost a year until I was moving (from UK back to USA).. and who could blame him. The first time it was seemingly unprovoked (he was sitting in my lap outside on the pavement, no noticeable bites/sounds/anything that could have scared him) but something scared the hell out of him. About a month ago, he could tell things were going on when movers came.. I moved him into a friend's house so it would be less traumatic--he screamed in a pile of his own poop for 13 hours. I could not get within 5 feet of him, even with the door closed! Nothing helped--calming spray/pheromone spray/etc. and I ended up having to call the vet to request some cat benzos.. which they told me could cause the liver to shut down/and the cat has a heart murmur. I was scared, but I wanted to calm him down because i knew once he saw where he was and that he was safe with me and my husband (and our friend that he knows and likes-with no other pets), that he would be fine. Luckily he loves sour cream.. my husband mashed up the pill and put it in sour cream on a his finger and sat in the room for an hour trying to coax him down to see it.. he finally licked it off and 20 minutes later was back to himself (except a little woozy). With this in mind, it's hard to get him to the vet... I'd like to get him used to coming out places with me. Normally, he's your usual sphynx personality, loving, playful, and sweet!!!!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Gosh that poor little guy. I hope someone can share their experience with it. This is all I found in past postings on it.

CBD for cats?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh poor Bogey. Hopefully somebosy with experience chimes in. Sending lots of calming vibes

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bogeycat , awhhhh hugs n positive vibes sent

Just am FYI keep an eye out for rashes
A member recently posted on a skin issue thread about possible allergic reaction to CBD oil

I will be following closely