Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Central Texas Meetup??

KushielsTart

Lairian
I've been looking through Meetup.org for groups I might like to go to in order to meet people, and it occurred to me that we should really have a Sphynx meetup. I'm in Round Rock/North Austin. Maybe every couple of months we could switch locations around the area so we could hit all the big areas- Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas. Anyone interested?

KushielsTart

Lairian
Currently we are at 3406 and Sunrise in the Chandler Creek Condos. We are hoping to sell in the next 6-8 months or so and buy in the Parmer and Mopac area, so still not too far.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm in Arlington. Right now my life is chaos so I don't want to commit to anything. But maybe when things settle down I could meet.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey guys! Cat show coming up in Feb. in Waco! Perfect Half way point and perfect place to meet! Waht do you guys think?

tessblack

Banned
I am just out side of Houston so have to check where Waco is. That would be cool and I would be into it. My schedule is a night mare once the race season starts. I have no life at all but let me know that dates.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOL!! I am actually in Dallas but I love my Sphynx kitty and want to put some faces with some names :) I figured a cat show would be cool. I dont think its going to be a big one but I figured hey why not??

firehillqueen

Banned
Waco is PERFECT! lets set our clocks and share cell phone numbers and pick a place to meet up! Cheers... what a great way to start the new year.

I'm in Waco. Baron and I are going to be at the TICA show here February 12th and 13th. Ya'll should come and show that Sphynx Support! We're working towards his Double Grand Champion Alter :D

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wanna go, anyone know of anyone hiring in Austin or Roundrock, me and the hubby are ready to move... I'm a retail manager (7 years) and the Hubby does sales and account managment for a fastener compnay... Just saying :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The cat show is the 12th and 13th so and either day works for me. What day works for everyone else? As far as time since I know I am driving from a distance and so are a few other people I am thinking noonish? What do you guys think? I am open for whatever :BigSmile:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wanna go, anyone know of anyone hiring in Austin or Roundrock, me and the hubby are ready to move... I'm a retail manager (7 years) and the Hubby does sales and account managment for a fastener compnay... Just saying :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The Austin area seems to be the in place to live in Texas. If you ask any Texan on where you should visit, the inevitable answer is Austin. I don't see the appeal personally. But it is smack dab in the middle of the state, plus it's close to San Antonio which is pretty cool.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The Austin area seems to be the in place to live in Texas. If you ask any Texan on where you should visit, the inevitable answer is Austin. I don't see the appeal personally. But it is smack dab in the middle of the state, plus it's close to San Antonio which is pretty cool.

TeeHee I love Austin, been there about 5 times now, and my brother lives there. Going to see live music is one of my loves, and Austin is great. SXSW last year was a blast. Lots of good food and fun people.

My guess is that we will be staying in Chicago though... Better food, and great people :) Just the winters suck!!

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian

It's a matter of person prefrence but most people that spend any length of time in Austin love it. Of course, if you hit up the wrong areas, which all places have, you'll get a bad sampling.

I would personally be loathed to leave Austin.:Smile:

Though my advice is to stick to north Austin/ round rock area, down town is a pain and is more expensive.:Sweat:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's a matter of person prefrence but most people that spend any length of time in Austin love it. Of course, if you hit up the wrong areas, which all places have, you'll get a bad sampling.

I would personally be loathed to leave Austin.:Smile:

Though my advice is to stick to north Austin/ round rock area, down town is a pain and is more expensive.:Sweat:

Yes there are bad parts of every town... I live in Chicago and there are places you should avoid at all costs in fear of being shot :ThumbsDown: East Austin is not the best area but near downtown and cheaper :ThumbsUp: and my brother lives a couple miles south of downtown on Congress. I think the only way we would move is if we could afford living downtown, otherwise it's just another suburb, and we have that now. Luckily (or unluckily ) for us we live in such a high priced part of the US that most of the rest of the US seems fairly priced (well except for Cali and NYC)

We shall see, we shall see.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have fun! I can't make this one but we travel down to the Austin area once a year. We go to Dallas several times a year so maybe in the future we can have a Dallas meet.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would love a Meet-Up. I would love to go to the cat show. I have not been to a show since I was a child. They used to have them here in San Angelo. It is a Dog Town now. How exciting.

Back