Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

certifiable

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok I think I've reached an all time low. It was sad enough when I felt the need to buy Meecho her own wardrobe closet for her own clothes but now I think I've done something that is just crazy. I was trying to find her the perfect christmas present and I didn't want to waste anymore money on toys she won't play with. So what did I do????? I bought her frogs:Worn-out: Yup you read that right. I felt the need to buy my CAT her own pets. What is wrong with me?!?!?!:Hysterical: Everyone meet Meecho's pet frogs...meowser and bowser. What are the chances I can get her to take care of them?:Wink:

Attachments

• 100_1374.jpg
    100_1374.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 35

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maggie has 4 parrot fish! Sally, posh, ned & diva! She climbs up my leg & sits on my shoulders to help me feed them ;)

susi794

Staff member
Hello Meecho's pets, Meowser and Bowser! :Dizzy:I tried to look at your pic--are you the white things on the right:Woo::LOL: or the big green thing in the middle?:LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My first sphynx (Buster) would sit on the frog's tank for HOURS at a time. My husband & I would joke that he was plotting the frog's demise. After Buster died, the frog also died! I honestly didn't think the frog cared so much :LOL:

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My cats loved my fish in by 55 gal. Piglet went swimming when I was catching them. (I have to give them away......I don't think they would make it cross the US Sideways. (We are moving from Panama city Fla to Rosamond Ca).

I got a good laugh out of it. I don't think Piglet was real happy, but he came right back for more, and did the same thing again. Sometimes I don't think he is a cat.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Very cute gift idea! All I got my 2 are some cat nip balls, (the undercover mouse was out so they will have to wait. I got Delilah A giant bone and am gettind Sidney some icecream (she has no teeth

Last edited:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's funny, Kallie! I guess the trick now is to make sure that Meecho knows that the frogs are supposed to be pets and NOT lunch...LOLOL! :LOL:

Last edited:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's awesome! I had frogs when I was little and I loved them. Does Meecho like them so far? I want to see a pic of Meecho watching her froggie friends. :LOL::Smile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Luckily these are super easy to take care of...even for Meecho:LOL: It's called the frog-o-sphere from Brookstone. They basically take care of themselves. I just have to feed them 4 pellets every monday and thursday. Clean the water about every 2-3 months and clean the tank maybe once every 2-3 years. Meecho does like them but they don't seem to like anyone right now:LOL: Then again if all I saw when I looked out at my home was a cat drooling I would be frightened too:Laugh:

Susi the frogs are the greyish blobs all the way on the right and left of the bowl. One is in front of the bamboo and the other is on top of the white rock.

Heather I'll try to get that picture :BigSmile:

Brooke

Banned
You'll have to let us know how Meecho likes her frogs!!

Might be just a Florida thing, and because I live across the street from a lake, but every spring I get HUNDREDS, maybe even thousands, of frogs and toads, little tiny ones, all over my yard and in my pool. When i go outside I have to be careful of where I step so I don't squash one. They climb all over the french doors and get stuck in the skimmer on the pool. So, Kalliee, if you ever need any new frogs for your tank...:LOL::LOL:

Last year, no lie, there was a toad as big as my head in my swimming pool!! I had to have my neighbor come over and get him out because I was afraid to go near it. I also had a few snakes and a baby possum, and a small alligator in the pool. Could start my own zoo!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Might be just a Florida thing, and because I live across the street from a lake, but every spring I get HUNDREDS, maybe even thousands, of frogs and toads, little tiny ones, all over my yard and in my pool. When i go outside I have to be careful of where I step so I don't squash one. They climb all over the french doors and get stuck in the skimmer on the pool. So, Kalliee, if you ever need any new frogs for your tank...:LOL::LOL:

Last year, no lie, there was a toad as big as my head in my swimming pool!! I had to have my neighbor come over and get him out because I was afraid to go near it. I also had a few snakes and a baby possum, and a small alligator in the pool. Could start my own zoo!

I would totally freak out if I came out of my house and found ANY of those animals. Frogs I like....when contained in a cage or aquarium. I have always wondered though and maybe you can answer this for me. When it rains and the frogs come out...how come you don't see any dead in the road? :Impish:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Woo:I love the Idea of pet's for pet's I shared it with my hubby and he said sure as long as it was one of those lighted aquarium pets not a live one..:LOL::LOL::LOL: I think it is funny we now have 9 animals in the house and the birds are like your frogs with cats lined up looking at them and trying to get the cage..:LOL::LOL: Best of luck teaching her to care for her frogs if you do let me know cause maybe then I can talk my hubby into letting my guy's get pets too:LOL::LOL::LOL::Laugh:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I am teriffied of frogs....espesially in the pool....snakes are even worse :Sweat: Don't even get me started on an alligator:Hysterical:
LOL you are very Brave!

Brooke

Banned
I am teriffied of frogs....espesially in the pool....snakes are even worse :Sweat: Don't even get me started on an alligator:Hysterical:
LOL you are very Brave!

:LOL::LOL: It's easy to be brave when I have a net on the end of a 10 foot pole!! ...as for the alligator, I called animal control to come and take care of that, even though it was only a baby one about 18" long.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Frogs I can deal with, snakes I hate we have a lot in our yard near our pond and I hate them. My dear husband will not let me kill them he says they are good for some reason( I think the good part to him is when I see one and screem). I know one of these days I will find one in the basement while I am doing laundry and that will be it. I talk to them sometimes and tell them they have to stay out because if they come in to my space they will be taking their own life.
As for the Alligator.....holly Sh;t. With my luck I would have found that after I jumped in the pool.

Back