Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

CFA show in Mansfield, MA

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just curious....

Is there anyone here in CFA's North Atlantic Region who will be attending the Sanguine Silver Society show on August 1st in Mansfield, MA?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've been thinking about checking out a show but they don't come up in my neck of the woods often. This one is about a 3 hour drive so I'm kind of on the fence. I would be more inclined to make the trip if I knew there would be a Sphynx in the house. :Wink:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well I dragged my family down to this show yesterday. It was a bit smaller than the cat show I attended back in 1992, but all in all not much has changed except most exhibitors seem to use those portable soft sided cages. They are nice but the mesh screens make it hard to see the kitties. There was one Sphynx at the show and I was able to touch her as she left one of the rings. I haven't felt a naked cat in almost 2 years. I nearly cried.

Bella07

Banned
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time and were able to touch another Sphynx. Speaking of which, in your status it says you are getting another boy. Does this mean what I think it means....another Sphynx kitten?! Maybe I missed another post or thread of yours describing it a bit more. Anyways, if so, congratulations! I look forward to hearing and seeing all about this new little hairless guy in your life.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time and were able to touch another Sphynx. Speaking of which, in your status it says you are getting another boy. Does this mean what I think it means....another Sphynx kitten?! Maybe I missed another post or thread of yours describing it a bit more. Anyways, if so, congratulations! I look forward to hearing and seeing all about this new little hairless guy in your life.

You are so observant! I changed my status before I could update my Sphynx Quest thread. I'll put more details there, but it looks like I may have another boy soon.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We use the sturdis because people poke stuff into the reg cages and hurt the cats.
I want more details on your sphynx.
I have a show in 2 weeks.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We use the sturdis because people poke stuff into the reg cages and hurt the cats.
I want more details on your sphynx.
I have a show in 2 weeks.

Exhibitors shouldn't have to worry about people poking into their cat's cage during a show. On the other hand, I'm not surprised. People can be so stupid sometimes.

The benching area at this show was very crowded, but I felt like I stood out like a sore thumb and was being watched as I made my way down the rows in search of a Sphynx.

I liked the look and the added coziness of the Sturdi cages, but they are a little too expensive for a newbie. But I did notice that no one had a single 22x22x20 cage. Everyone seemed to have a double.

I didn't realize how exhausting a show can be. I was so tired by the time I got home, I slept like a rock. But I spent the whole night having anxiety dreams about cage curtains! :Surprise:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Other than the fact that Ohio is a bit of a drive for me, I wish this show was in Ohio. Then I would have had the chance to meet a friendly Sphynx owner.

Back