Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

cheapest cat toy ever! lol

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Years ago, a vet clued me in to the world's best cat toy~ Milk tops! You know those plastic curly tabs you peel off the top of the milk jug to open it? I just toss em on the floor and they are instantly attacked pounced and carried around until they are lost under something which usually happens just as we get a new gallon of milk:ThumbsUp: When we moved and moved our appliances we found like a zillion of em under there,:LOL:

Does anyone else do this too? If not, there ya go~ My Tip of the Day!:Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yup!!! We use them too for kitty toys. Snuffie loves them!!! We have to watch her tho because she will play with them until they fall apart. And when they do they snap off into little swallow-able pieces so be careful!!! They get sharp edges and Im sure that wouldn't be a fun vet trip! But yes,,Snuffie does love them "to their death". lol

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My cheapest toy is a wadded up piece of paper. I can buy like 180 pieces of paper for the price of a single gallon of milk! Now all I gotta do is figure out where they hide all that paper after I toss it on the floor.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had no idea so many of us were throwing our trash on the floor for the cats, lol, recycling at its finest!

miss_gldelx

Lairian
Harley loves straws (especially when she was teething). I tie one in a knot and she plays with it for hours...or until it winds up under a piece of furniture. :)

Bella07

Banned
My cats aren't playful anymore, (but they aren't sphynx cats) so never want to play. But my dogs favorite toy is plastic water bottles! After I drink one, I toss it to her, and she is thrilled with it for the rest of the day. And yes, she ignores her dozens of dog toys in her basket! Silly dog!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
[mom] Watch they don't choke on the plastic or hair ties though. They can be a choking hazard or can cause blockage and need surgery. [/mom]

Milk in bags???

Yup! Took me forever to get used to that. 3 individual plastic bags of milk inside a large plastic bag. You take out one of the bags, put it in the plastic "pitcher" and cut a hole in the corner of the bag, from which you pour the milk. Chocolate milk comes in bags too.

I will drive out of my way to go to the store that carries milk in a jug. I swear it tastes so much better than milk in a bag!!

879736-Milk_in_bags_instead_of_bottles-Province_of_Ontario.jpg

milk.jpg

That is bizarre! What is the reason for it?

You know, when I moved to Canada, no one could really answer that. Other than, "I think it is cheaper to package this way and reduces waste?" Apparently, it is just Ontario, Quebec and east that use the bags. The Western Canadian provinces do not.

I still firmly believe milk belongs in a jug....

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I here them sliding across the floor all the time. I don't know how Butterball finds them. Are you guys breaking in to give Butterball bottle tops?

Mike, you mean you didn't know that Butterball was trading some of that homegrown catnip for milk tops???

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yup! Took me forever to get used to that. 3 individual plastic bags of milk inside a large plastic bag. You take out one of the bags, put it in the plastic "pitcher" and cut a hole in the corner of the bag, from which you pour the milk. Chocolate milk comes in bags too.

I learn so much here. Milk in bags sounds cool.

Inferno12

Banned
You know, when I moved to Canada, no one could really answer that. Other than, "I think it is cheaper to package this way and reduces waste?" Apparently, it is just Ontario, Quebec and east that use the bags. The Western Canadian provinces do not.

Yes I agree. i dont like milk anyway but i dont even think I could put it in my cereal out of a bag....lol

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

LOL...you do learn something new on the lair every day....Ive lived in Ireland, England and Canada and I thought ALL of north america had bagged milk!?
Is it really an eastern Canadian thing? Crazy!
We considered buying bagged milk because we have 3 human children who guzzle it, and the bags are cheaper....but I cant stand the bags, because they are open to absorbing the odours of the fridge!!! That is why it tastes different...
the jugs have lids so they dont absorb odour and change taste...
Maybe if they invented ziploc bagged milk.....not that the kids would ever remember to close it...

Back