Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Checkin in on everyone :)

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey everyone! To the ones I remember and the new ones I havnt met yet :) I dunno if ya'll remember me but, I used to be on here A LOT. Life hasn't been so kind to me these past three or four months. Ive been super stressed and depressed. My life has been pretty much turned upside down. I have had very little time to be on the computer, hence me not being on here for a while. Im not out of the wooods at all with anything. My husband has lost his job with the Navy, he came up to his re-enlistment time and they denied it. Im gonna be nice and save my thoughts about the Navy right now. They only gave us a months notice before him being jobless. He's been job hunting since September. I don't earn nearly enough money to cover the bills myself, which is why i'm working crazy. Also we just bought a house here last year, and now we are having to move to Washington state for my husband to try and get a job on base there and to be with his 2 girls that he has. We can't sell it because in the one year we've owned the house it's dropped about $11,000.00 in value, and unless we come up with the difference were stuck. So we will have to rent our house out to someone we don't know, AND we have to somehow pay back the $8000.00 tax credit that we got when we bought the house. Funny how they send an explantaion of the tax credit out AFTER everyones already gotten it. And even though were half way exactly through the three years I have to pay every cent of it back still. My husband has been over in Washington since October, and I am stuck here in GA all by myself to take care of everything, bills, cleaning, etc. till he finds a job and gets us a place and we can move our stuff. I feel like i've been balancing dishes in my hands for a few months now and slowly the plates are falling off and breaking, and I can't do anything else till he finds a job. A few weeks ago i hurt my back decorating the Christmas tree at work, but I cant go see a doctor, bcause the insurance I get through where I work has a $2500.00 deductable. which mean until I meet that I will have to pay for everything out of pocket which is just impossible. On top of all that, after 2 years and 9 months of trying, and 38 BFN's, i'm still not pregnant. Not that I really need to be right now with the situation, but the desire never goes away. Im pretty sure the kitties know something serious is up cause they have been causing me all kinds of hell ever since my husband left. Lets just say they are damn lucky they are so cute! I need all the prayers I can get right now! So theres my update lol sorry bout the legnth. I was hoping I wasnt kicked off for inactivity or anything :) Glad to see I wasn't lol
I hope all of you are doing great, and if I don't get back on before christmas or New Years you all have a great one!:ThumbsUp:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So sorry to hear about your difficulties. These past couple of years have been rough for our family, too. We all need to keep each other & our friends, families, & neighbors in our prayers. You never know what people may be going through. We found out from a neighbor that another neighbor & his wife are getting a divorce. They have an autistic daughter, which makes it more difficult. Pray for each other, & for our country! Let's try to "pay it forward"!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oh wow- sounds like you've really had your hands full the last few months. Hopefully your hubby can find a job in Washington and a new city will enlighten you guys with a whole new start!!

tessblack

Banned
I was wondering where you have been. Yeah it is scary out there that is for sure. So sorry to hear about all the stuff happening. The job situation is bad all around and IO know so many people that have been out of work too. I sure hope things turn around for you. I have had some health things going on and also our boss told us the was not sure if he is going to race next year and would tell us first of the year. My husband and I are both employed at the same place so it is scary. Hard to have a stress free holiday that is for sure. I just keep hugging my little guys and that seems to help. Please take care of your self and let us know what is happening. I miss seeing Kreacher pics.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad to see you post. You have been missed. So sorry to hear that life has been so difficult. Hang in there. I hope 2011 brings happier times.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Stress and depression can take a toll on your mind, body and spirit. My perscription is a funny movie with a friend. Hoping for some relief for you.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So sorry to hear about everything that is going on! The stress must be horrible...Do you have a lot of friends to talk to where you live? I hope it gets better soon and your spouse is able to get a job!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Thanks so much! No I don't really, all my family is back in Connecticut. So I truly am here handling this all alone.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do know that if I didn't have my two babies Kreacher and Diesel and the Furry one Tigger I might just be in a mental institution...lol Its like they know exactly what to do make ou smile and feel better. To me right now my kitties are priceless :)

Bella07

Banned
I remember you, especially Diesel! I first joined the Lair when you were about to bring Diesel home (I think!) And I remember thinking that he was a cutie patootie and I was in love with his markings. Diesel was probably one of the kittens that made me fall in love with the Sphynx breed (they are just too beautiful!) I'm hoping to bring home my first Sphynx kitten next summer.

Well, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about all of the troubles you are going through. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep hanging in there, and everything will work out in the end. Please give your babies extra kisses and cuddles from all of us!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hope things are getting better for you. It's been a really sh***y year for a lot of people - here in Canada & the US. I've had a nasty year and I am hoping next year, things will get better for everyone.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
It is nice to hear from you, I was thinking of you the other day. Sorry for all you are going thru, and I hope for a wonderful 2011 for you and your hubby!

Back