it's been awhile since I've been on here and unfortunately I'm back because my baby is very sick. I'm not even sure if he is going to make it back home from the hospital. Chicken is 8 years old and I adopted him almost two years ago. He is my buddy and literally the best pet I've ever had...I joke about how he is my third kid. Yesterday evening he suffered an aortic thromboembolism although I though at first it was a broken leg. I didn't know about FATE until now. To cut things short, he was rushed to the vet who sent me to a specialist and he's been in the ICU since midnight last night. His echo showed severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The clot has occluded his right rear iliac artery. His temperature was low on admit. They said prognosis was grave. So he is being treated with oxygen, diuretics, heart meds, anticoagulants and pain management and if he survives he will come home to see if the leg will regain perfusion. So if anyone who has went through FATE and CHF and the kitty went on to regain most function please let me know. I am struggling with my decision to treat versus euthanize. His pain seemed controlled once we got him settled in. I'm so scared and sad and angry. I used to say things like "he'll never die because I can't handle living without him" and I planned on 8 more years. This can't be happening The picture is from when I had to say goodbye and leave him this morning. I could barely drive home.