Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chicken Pox!!

My daughter has come down chicken pox. I've read that cats and dogs cannot get it but are our felines (Sphynx) more vunerable to the virus?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is a people thing. But good luck I know it can be awful!!! Poor daughter tell her we hope she feels better.

Ouch! As the others have said, your kitties will be safe. But, I hope your daughter feels better soon! Thankfully, I have been lucky enough to have never gotten the chicken pox. Get Well! :ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hope your daughter isn't too itchy. This is not a fun time of year to be in quarantine but hopefully she will be well enough to enjoy the warming weather.

sorry to hear that. But it is so much better and safer to get them when young rather than an adult...it can be quite dangerous, even fatal in some cases for adults.

Hope she recovers quickly!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I was pretty sure she couldn't give them to pets as I had researched it online and usually human virus's are just that and not given to animals! The evil step mom was trying to sway me tho. Her sister is a nurse (apparently NOT A GOOD ONE) and the step mom seems to think she can walk on water and knows everything so whatever.
Its a pretty bad case, my daughter who is 13 has them in her mouth and throat, on her scalp, on the edges of her eyes and inside her nose and ears and EVERYWHERE ELSE! Even the unmentionable places. I feel so bad for her,,i wish there was more I could do.

I remember getting them as a child and it was just awful. I had them on easter of all days. lol She is pretty happy she doesnt have to finish the school year out but she is dying staying in bed all day. Keep praying for her, she is having a rough time with them. Thanks again everyone!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww, your poor little girl! I had em bad too and it stinks. I am praying for a speedy recovery for her.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh poor girly :ThumbsDown:

Sending loads of get well wishes and bucket loads of calomine lotion!

X

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! She is on day 3 now, she is miserable. I've never seen pox get so close to the eyes!!! She has a few right on her eye lashes where it connects to her bottom eye lid. Its just awful. I got them really bad as a child as well, looks like she is in for a rough few more days.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! She is on day 3 now, she is miserable. I've never seen pox get so close to the eyes!!! She has a few right on her eye lashes where it connects to her bottom eye lid. Its just awful. I got them really bad as a child as well, looks like she is in for a rough few more days.
Oh the poor dear sounds likes she is having an awful bout of it. It must be hard not to worry with pox so close to her eyes. Wishing a quick recovery for both your sakes.