Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chihuahuas Guard my Kitty

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
I was shopping this week and found an excellent deal on sandals for 9.99 so I bought some for me and my daughters. My oldest who is 31 came over this afternoon to pick up her bargain shoes and brought her chocolate lab Georgia with her. Georgia is a 3 legged Chocolate that is very loving. She lives with 2 cats at her house so she is quite comfortable with cats. Dobby my Sphynx has never met Georgia because Georgia has been quite ill recovering from her leg surgeries so she hasn`t been at our house in a couple of months. When she came bulldozing into the house the cat jumped up on my lap. And both my chihuahuas jumped up too... They stood in front of the kitty and growled at Georgia and protected Dobby from the big bad dog! I nearly died laughing. I couldn`t believe my eyes. Those 2 dogs were going to protect the cat from any potential harm. They actually ganged up on poor Georgia who wouldn`t hurt a flea. I love that the dogs have adopted Dobby into their pack. LOL After a couple of minutes they were all friendly with each other but it goes to show you that they really can form a bond with other animals.

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Lisa,

It must be a Chi Thang! I have a 4 pounder named Grace Louise. We are all painfully aware that the 3 cats that arrived after she did are her personal property, play things, and babies. She still cleans ears and bums on my Exotic Shorthairs and now my Sphynx kitten. She pins them down and goes like Roto Rooter in their ears. Now if I could only get her to clean the Sphynxy Toe Jam, lol!

Gracie is an awesome little dog, very loving toward family but very protective. We joke that she's the brains and our big dogs are the muscle. The irony is that we also have a choc lab and she is more of a pussy cat than the pussy cats are! Labradorable is what she is!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's great! My little Jilli really wishes we had no cats at all, but my mastiff, Dunkin, adores them~ go figure, lol

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ah thats so cute! We are still working on the bonding between my mums dog and Mo, doing well so far but still got a bit to go!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Love your story. Our older sphynx used to guard our guinea pigs from the other cats during cage cleanings. I was alsways surprised that Tanker didn't want to nibble on their little ears.

Back