Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chinese crested help!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey guys, I know this isn't sphynx related but I just need to ask for help! I've come home and my mums Chinese crested is covered in red spots, like blood blisters all over him! Has anyone got any clue what it could be!? I'll take him to the vets but Im
image.jpg
worried sorry again, didn't know who else to ask!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 56

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bruising easily or without reason can come from a problem with the blood (like low platelets). My brother had a disorder like that as a kid. I would take him in as soon as you can, since sometimes blood tests take a few days to come back. Hope it isn't anything serious!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Bruising easily or without reason can come from a problem with the blood (like low platelets). My brother had a disorder like that as a kid. I would take him in as soon as you can, since sometimes blood tests take a few days to come back. Hope it isn't anything serious!
Yes I read it could be that! I will take him soon, thank you!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, I know this isn't sphynx related but I just need to ask for help! I've come home and my mums Chinese crested is covered in red spots, like blood blisters all over him! Has anyone got any clue what it could be!? I'll take him to the vets but Im View attachment 57000 worried sorry again, didn't know who else to ask!
We do have a Crested, I have never seen those type of bruises on ours, I would surely see the vet. Is he eating, drinking poop and peeing ok?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
@Amy31 I have seen this once on our Louie and it was when I used a loofa instead of my hands and wash cloth when I gave him a bath.
It lasted a few days then went back to normal, I never use that again. It looked like it hurt but really didn't seem to bother him.
Ours has bad skin, I think that had something to do with it.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We do have a Crested, I have never seen those type of bruises on ours, I would surely see the vet. Is he eating, drinking poop and peeing ok?
Yes I'm going to :) oh yeah he's absolutely fine in himself, he's always bounding round with our other dog, but they just appeared all of a sudden and it startled me!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 I have seen this once on our Louie and it was when I used a loofa instead of my hands and wash cloth when I gave him a bath.
It lasted a few days then went back to normal, I never use that again. It looked like it hurt but really didn't seem to bother him.
Ours has bad skin, I think that had something to do with it.
Yeah, he's not fussed it doesn't hurt him to touch and he's totally normal in himself, I did wonder if it was because he'd been bounding round with the other dogs, but it's just very strange

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
@Amy31 in the pictures of the legs it looks like scratches or stress from jumping, both normal. Mine hates his nails cut so he is always scratching himself.
As for the big one I feel like if it was a injury it would hurt. Has he had a bath lately? maybe from that.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 in the pictures of the legs it looks like scratches or stress from jumping, both normal. Mine hates his nails cut so he is always scratching himself.
As for the big one I feel like if it was a injury it would hurt. Has he had a bath lately? maybe from that.
They do look like scratches but to see the. In real life they look differ t, sort of tiny dots and then the same all over his body and head, no no bath since 2 weeks ago, it's very unusual, a new one each day! He's in the vets on Sunday so hopefully they know what's going on! Very strange :(

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm a little late on this post, just doing some catch up but little speckles under the skin are called petechiae and could be a sign of something more serious. I am glad you have an appointment for him and I would make sure to document with pictures just in case they do go away, you have proof for the vet. They should run a blood test called a COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT on him to check his blood levels and platelets, and bleeding times. Not to scare you but unless he is really being best up by the other dog he should not bruise like that.

Jen

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm a little late on this post, just doing some catch up but little speckles under the skin are called petechiae and could be a sign of something more serious. I am glad you have an appointment for him and I would make sure to document with pictures just in case they do go away, you have proof for the vet. They should run a blood test called a COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT on him to check his blood levels and platelets, and bleeding times. Not to scare you but unless he is really being best up by the other dog he should not bruise like that.

Jen
No I know, thank you very mich

Back