Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chinese Crested

Shauntay

Banned
haha WHO DOESNT?! I've planned on getting a CC for a long time! In a few more years maybe, my breeding program is my top priority for the forseeable future, but one day, a HHL Crestie girl will be mine!!!!!

Bella07

Banned
Honestly, I have never been a fan of Chinese Crested's! I'm sure that they are wonderful dogs but I have never met them in person, so they just never have appealed to me. A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is my next dream breed though....gorgeous!

Bella07

Banned
.......But, then again, I didn't like Sphynx cats until I researched them and then met them. So, who knows??? Maybe they'll be my dream breed of dog in the future!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Honestly, I never liked them much either. I have seen 2 in my whole STATE. I REALLY have been enjoying this no pet hair to clean up so I decided to look them up and they actually seem like a great breed for my household. I am more a big dog person but I want to try it out and see how it goes. Not for a while of course but within the next year or two.

holly_savage

Banned
the CC are cute and all, but if I got a dog it would an Irish Wolfhound or a Great Dane...go big or go home as the saying goes...lol

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was supposed to get a Bernese Mountain Dog for my bday but that isn't going to happen. I like those and newfoundlands.

Shauntay

Banned
I`ve been a full time groomer for over a dozen years, and at this point....Id rather no dog, then a newfie, bernese, collie etc. I appreciate all breeds, but after so many years of eating hair all throughout the work week, I dont think I could handle it. I adore IW, fantastic breed. When I was researching Danes, the IW was a CLOSE contender. Id also love a Brussels Griffon but...cant have em all!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I`ve been a full time groomer for over a dozen years, and at this point....Id rather no dog, then a newfie, bernese, collie etc. I appreciate all breeds, but after so many years of eating hair all throughout the work week, I dont think I could handle it. I adore IW, fantastic breed. When I was researching Danes, the IW was a CLOSE contender. Id also love a Brussels Griffon but...cant have em all!

I was a dog groomer for seven years, I feel your pain on the hair lol. I love being able to wash and dry my crestie in under five minutes!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a Chinese Crested girl, she's a year old.

I can honestly say she isn't the smartest of dogs. I love her to death but she has a brain the size of a peanut :LOL:

She was from a BYB, who seemed to have kept them in cages, so she learnt crate= toilet. House training her has been and still is, a nightmare. As she was taught to 'go' where she slept.

She started out as white with a few spots, now she is 60% black as her color has developed. Se has some teeth missing, as they can have dental issues (no teeth or teeth come out) She's an adorable little thing though when she sits there with her tongue sticking out through the gap.

I'm not sure if I would buy another CC, as I'm more a 'big dog' person. But she's my silly little girl and I love her.

Shauntay

Banned
I was a dog groomer for seven years, I feel your pain on the hair lol. I love being able to wash and dry my crestie in under five minutes!

haha, groomers unite!! Customers think its so odd I have all these hairless babies!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I used to have a Bernese that I LOVED but my ex got all the dogs but one in the divorce. I also had an English Mastiff. I have never been around a Dane much so I don't know. I think a Crestie would be perfect now because I live in a house that has no yard. Well it has a large yard but I never use it because the neighboors pit is always chained in it. I do really want to move in April when my lease is up but I have a GREAT deal here and it will be really hard to find a place that is even close to what I pay here. I don't have any utilities so that is my main reason why I stay here factor that with cheap rent and not having a yard isn't so bad. My sheltie doesn't live here with me. She is very very um nuts? lol and she just could not handle going for walks instead of having a yard and so she lives with my gramma for her and my own sanity. It sucked having a dog that had been house trained for 4 years stop going potty outside.

I would love an Irish Wolfhound too but I think I would have a really hard time finding one.

Bella07

Banned
Funny that you mention them, Bernese Mountain Dogs are one of my favorites! I love love love their looks and temperment!

In order my "want" breeds are....well, not that it matters, but I'll post for fun anyway! I already own a Golden Retriever and a Shih Tzu.
1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
2, Siberian Husky
3. Bernese Mountain Dog

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know much about dogs but if I had my pick of any dog it would definitely have to be a Jack Russell. Every time I see one they are the cutest and smartest dogs.

susi794

Staff member
I could see you with a Jack, Mike--but they are naughty! LOL, between Ball with the toilet paper and the Jack with everything else you'd have a handful but I bet you'd love it!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello Everyone!! I am glad to see so many fellow dog lovers out there!!! We have 3 ragdoll cats, & 1 sphynx, & are waiting to get our sphynx's mom as a retired breeder hopefully! But we are true dog lovers as well - we have TEN! Yes, ten! :LOL::LOL:We have 3 elderly pugs, 3 French Bulldogs, a Beagle, a Great Dane, & 2 Chinese Cresteds! The cresties are the sweetest little guys!! Manny is pink with brown spots & white hair. Howie is what they call a "palamino", & looks just like a palamino pony - golden tan with white hair. They are such cool little guys! Manny is a true hairless, & Howie is a hairy hairless. One of the nicest things is that rather than fur, they have hair, so it doesn't shed - I comb their hair just like I do my own, & get some hairs in the comb. They get a bath in the sink about every 2 weeks & a quick shave with a mens electric shaver, & they are good to go! If I could have any other breeds, it would probably be a Brussells Griffon & a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, although Cavaliers are almost 100% guaranteed to develope heart problems due to the small gene pool! I need to take some nice pictures of my menagerie & learn to post them!!!:Dizzy:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I already found a resuce crested close to me but the adoption fee is higher then some of the puppies I looked up. :ThumbsDown:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Alright here is my list but not necessarily in order, some of the breeds I am interested in:

Bernese Mountain Dog
Newfoundland
Dalmatian
Collie
Standard Poodle
Irish Wolfhound
Chinese Crested
Dogue de Bordeaux
French Bulldog
Great Dane
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Ibizan Hound
Leonberger
Neapolitan Mastiff
Pharaoh Hound
Tibetan Mastiff
English Mastiff

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aw!! I love cresties too and also Xolos! The more i read about them the more they are starting to move up my want list...although top o my want list is a bassett.

X

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello Everyone!! I am glad to see so many fellow dog lovers out there!!! We have 3 ragdoll cats, & 1 sphynx, & are waiting to get our sphynx's mom as a retired breeder hopefully! But we are true dog lovers as well - we have TEN! Yes, ten! :LOL::LOL:We have 3 elderly pugs, 3 French Bulldogs, a Beagle, a Great Dane, & 2 Chinese Cresteds! The cresties are the sweetest little guys!! Manny is pink with brown spots & white hair. Howie is what they call a "palamino", & looks just like a palamino pony - golden tan with white hair. They are such cool little guys! Manny is a true hairless, & Howie is a hairy hairless. One of the nicest things is that rather than fur, they have hair, so it doesn't shed - I comb their hair just like I do my own, & get some hairs in the comb. They get a bath in the sink about every 2 weeks & a quick shave with a mens electric shaver, & they are good to go! If I could have any other breeds, it would probably be a Brussells Griffon & a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, although Cavaliers are almost 100% guaranteed to develope heart problems due to the small gene pool! I need to take some nice pictures of my menagerie & learn to post them!!!:Dizzy:

Please post pictures. I'm a sucker for the short snouted dogs. When I was a kid we had a variety of dogs but the Pug and English Bulldog were my favorites. Our pug Polly came from Fred Qwynne the actor who played Herman Munster. I like Boston Terriers too but I have always wanted a French Bulldog. Right now we have two labs one black and the other yellow who aren't too bright and usually smell bad, but they are good company.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes, it really is hard with 10 dogs & 4 (soon to be 6) cats, plus we have 4 fish tanks! But my husband & I both do the work. He was in the hospital last year, & I was really overwhelmed having to do everything by myself!:Sweat:

Back