Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chloe

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happens all the time.
But I tell you something...
I've had people go "Eww. Not for me." or "Eww. What a weird cat." and....then...they...touch.
And get loved on.
And suddenly the eyes go from really apprehensive to happy.
I have a friend/builder staying with me atm. He's not a cat person. He's definitely not a naked cat person.
Or rather... he wasn't.
Now he cuddles Livvy every evening, offers her his warm shirt to cuddle under without any thought.
I chuckled last night when he sat there, reading something on his phone, while bum-slapping Livvy (she loooooves bum slaps) with the other hand, and went "She's got you wrapped around her paw." and he sat there, grinned, and said "You know, when I first saw them, I thought they are horrible. But they REALLY grow on you, and their personalities are just something else. I really like them."
Sphynxes make converts even out of non-cat people. :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I think they say it to get a reaction out of us or feel empowered in an odd way. I ignore them and don’t let it get under my skin. Had a good friend on FB saying something once and I said feel free to delete me and meant it. He never did. Don’t let it escalate, it’s like they feed off of it. I just speak my mind once and done. Once they know they got under your skin they won. There’s no bigger win than having a Sphynx in your home/heart. Its their loss being so close minded in life. @Silke enjoyed your sharing how your friend came around to this amazing breed.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sylvia
I get it from my own mum!
She says" ewww they are soooo ugly"

I just shrug it off and ignore it

I know what Sphynx love is
No explanation needed

Like the saying goes " if I have to explain it , you wouldn't understand "

(((((Hugs)))

Sylvia

Lairian
No I'm
@Sylvia
I get it from my own mum!
She says" ewww they are soooo ugly"

I just shrug it off and ignore it

I know what Sphynx love is
No explanation needed

Like the saying goes " if I have to explain it , you wouldn't understand "

(((((Hugs)))
Love it
@Sylvia don't listen to those people. They don't know what they're missing. Chloe is gorgeous and cute!