Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chlorhexidine for wounds

Yana and Osiris

Lairian
Hello hyper kitten owners, me, again, in a dire need of your advices and recommendations.
Osiris has discovered a new game lately, "speed up and slide under the couch" where he barely can fit now (thanks to the growing belly and butt). As a result he is getting abrasions (attached a photo) on his body. Small heckin deals, but I'd like to treat them anyway to prevent any sorts of possible infections. I have got a bottle of chlorhexidine which can be applied to even babies, hence I figured I could use it on the kitten's wound as well. Correct me if i'm wrong and shouldn't do that. What chemical-free creams or ointments do you prefer? So if they lick it they won't get poisoned. Looking for products that can be found in Europe. {=

Attachments

• 20220921_145444.jpg
    20220921_145444.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220922_150600.jpg
    20220922_150600.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yana and Osiris , mine play crazy and get rug burns etc. many of us use vetericyn spray , I like it is non toxic, can check if avail in your area. my vets office sells it too.

I do have a chlorhexidine foam on hand and have dabbed the tiniest bit on a cotton pad and gently dabbed and patted dry.

. I always suggest calling your vet and asking to make sure the product you have is okay to use. I hardly ever use it personally .

I found the vetericyn of giving it a day or two heals up on its own. hugs n head smooches.

members will surely chime in

Attachments

• vetricyn.jpg
    vetricyn.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 3