Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Choose btw active or inactive cat?

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
****squee*** Oh my they are darlings! I like the look of #2, the dark points really make his eyes pop! But they are both really cute.....so if you can, get both (like I did!) or if you can't you are just going to have to go with your gut feeling. It would be good if you could meet them in person before you decide.

ktate88

Banned
I had a hard time picking Niles, too. There was one breeder in FL with a different lighter colored male, and then Niles in PA. Everyone thought I was nuts for going from FL to PA to get him...but when you fall in love you just know.

I fell in love with is cute little bug-eyed monkey face and his professor appearance in some pictures. The other guy was also adorable, but I didn't feel as drawn to him.

Niles was the "family favorite" and would greet them and snuggle. This was perfect as I love that he knows his mom and loves to snuggle. He is DEFINITELY active, but usually crashes near me when he is done playing.

I had always had good interactions with boy cats so went with a male, and wonder if I were to get another if I would get a boy or girl.

Both are adorable!!! Love those pretty eyes

Ella_B

Lairian
They're both so, so sweet - I'm not surprised you're finding it difficult to choose. :Adore:
I think regardless of which kitten you choose, you're going to be totally in love. However, if you're drawn to kitten 2 then go with your gut and get him.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I like #2 better but they are both cute.
When I got my Cleo I was stuck between her and a Tortie.
I posted on a site asking what one to go for.
I ended up with a black and white.
I want the Tortie so bad also.
I would ask the breeder about a discount if you get 2.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yup - check into a discount. Most breeders give some sort of price break when you get two.

They are both equally adorable. #2 stands out to me more tho.

And even if he is quiet right now at his breeders home, when he gets his own territory that personality will unfold in no time. Snuffie was quiet when we first brought her home but within a few days she was a crazy 2 yr old toddler/spidey monkey!!

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Thank you everyone in your advice!!!!! If it wasn't for you all, I definately would have chosen Male #1.

The moment I saw Male #2's pictures my heart melted, but I was upset because Male #1 was more playful.

Because of your advice, I've chosen MALE #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella07

Banned
Thank you everyone in your advice!!!!! If it wasn't for you all, I definately would have chosen Male #1.

The moment I saw Male #2's pictures my heart melted, but I was upset because Male #1 was more playful.

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! Male #2 if gorgeous, you made a wonderful choice. Let the countdown truly begin on now waiting to bring your new baby home. Please keep us all updated!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm a little late on this post. I'm glad you found your little guy!!

Thankfully for me, we adopted 2 from craigslists (therefore didn't have to 'pick' a fave) and my first baby, was a gift from Fiancee- he picked him lol! I'm SO thankful to have never had to PICK which was my fave!

no matter who you pick, you won't be disappointed and will be so happy with your decision! and think to yourself: i couldn't imagine my life without him :) and he'll make your heart melt and you'll never love another how you love your first Sphynx.

Perhaps 2 isn't an option for you... but give it a year, you'll have more :Wink: it's a trend around these parts LOL. you can't just have 1!!

As for their personality, i have noticed males have more personality (in my opinion). However, one of my girl (apparently) was VERY active and actually pretty mean as a kitten. BUT she is THE MOST docile cat in the world! She's a lover and the princess of the house. i wouldn't base your decision on their personality just yet.. theyre just babies. But i LOVE males, they are the most snuggly :)

Congrats on your new baby!! post pictures when he comes home. Do you have a name picked??

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!:ThumbsUp:

Back