Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Choose btw active or inactive cat?

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Hello!!!
I'm getting a sphynx cat in 3 weeks. I've contacted the breeder, and I have everything in order EXCEPT ... I haven't chosen my sphynx kitten.

My breeder has 2 male sphynx kittens.

#1 male: very active and playful

#2 male: quiet and content on snuggling
#2 male: is a little bit cuter than #1 male

I dont know if I should choose #1 or #2!!!!!

Do you have any experiences with an active or quiet cat sphynx?
Which would you choose?
Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you so much for reading. Please respond. I need help!

Ella_B

Lairian
Congratulations on your soon-to-be kitten. :BigSmile:

As for active or inactive, speaking from my experience with Berlin, the way they are when they are still only a few weeks or months old is no indicator that they will always be like that forever. Berlin was the quietest little thing in her litter - her breeder was actually worried about how inactive she was since all she wanted to do was sleep and snuggle. Now, four months later, she's incredibly active - I can't keep up with her! She wants to play non-stop and squirms out of every attempt to cuddle because she'd rather be chasing something or pouncing on my feet. If you'd seen her when I got her you would never have guessed that she'd become so active.

I think the best thing to do is choose the kitten you feel you connect with most - there are great things to be said for playful kittens and for snuggly, lazy kittens. Good luck :ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You won't know which one will be what when they are bigger from how thwy are now anway so I'd just go with the one I feel best for when I meet them. Go there and play and cuddle with them a bit and you will normally know by instinct.

Good luck

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you're lucky enough to be able to pick up your kitten instead of having it shipped- then go visit the boys and you'll know right away which one you connect with. If you are having him shipped, then go with you're gut instinct- from your post it sounds like you have more interest in kitten #2. In the end all sphynx are great and you can't make a wrong choice with this breed. Keep us posted and maybe some pics????

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree, just get them both :Wink: From what you've said, it sounds as though you are already interested in #2. :Wink: Their personalities aren't necessarily going to be the same in the next few months. My outgoing male has developed into a snuggle-bug and my other has gone from being aloof to a bouncing off the walls snuggle-bug. Hope this helps :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes go with your gut and who you like. They will change once home with you and settled in. The quiet one could be the smaller of the litter and he is just that way because he always has to wait his turn, and has never won a wrestling match. :Laugh:

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Male #1 Pictures:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Male #2 Pictures:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Lol!!! Thank you for your advice. I was thinking of buying two haha but I dont have enough money. Each kitten is $1,100 so the total would have been $2,200. Ugh!!! I want both so bad!!!!

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
I know!!! I want to kiss their adorable faces too!!! It took me forever to find them. I think I looked on the internet for 10 hours. Haha

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Your story about Berlin was really informational. Thank you for sharing it with me. Thats true "there are great things to be said for playful kittens and for snuggly, lazy kittens." Can you look at the pictures I uploaded and comment on which one you like? Thank you!

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Yes, I do like #2!!! But now I like #1 even more now. So do you think that if the kitten is lazy, when it grows up, the kitten will be active?

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Thats a very good thought. I never thought of it that way. And your right, #2 is smaller than #1. Maybe thats why #2 is quiet. Interesting!

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
Oh wow I posted a lot on my own page. Lol? I meant to reply to peoples' posts. Oopsies!!

If you have looked at the pictures of male #1 and male #2, would you mention which kitten you thought was more cute?

Thank you!

Back