Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Christmas Lights

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I need to vent! I love Christmas the decorations the food, music, hustle and bustle going crazy all of it I know I am a nut:Dizzy:
Well Sunday after the football game I did all the lights outside with very little help from admin :Angry: oh well so after I am all done I go in side to eat and come outside again and half of them are out:Angry: So Monday after work I spend over 1 hour unplugging each set to see what is wrong:Sweat: I find it and once again all the lights are on and looking pretty. Until last night now NONE OF THEM will light I think the rain flipped the gfi or something. So when the rain stopped I will be back to square 1.
Thanks for listening :Wink:

JacksMom

Banned
I need to vent! I love Christmas the decorations the food, music, hustle and bustle going crazy all of it I know I am a nut:Dizzy:
Well Sunday after the football game I did all the lights outside with very little help from admin :Angry: oh well so after I am all done I go in side to eat and come outside again and half of them are out:Angry: So Monday after work I spend over 1 hour unplugging each set to see what is wrong:Sweat: I find it and once again all the lights are on and looking pretty. Until last night now NONE OF THEM will light I think the rain flipped the gfi or something. So when the rain stopped I will be back to square 1.
Thanks for listening :Wink:

Oh man! That bites, hard! I haven't done my lights (which I will do by myself because I suppose Jack will throw me to the dogs rather than help me!) or Christmas decor yet, but I had the same problem last year, so I am not holding my breath this year...:Dizzy:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's a funny story. My mom made me put up her tree Sunday. Butterball stood around watching but never got involved. I'm worried to death he's going to knock off the ornaments or do something stupid. But he hasn't and really hadn't shown any interest in doing so. Occasionally I catch him just sitting under the tree. Not playing but just chilling. I'm happy about that.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's a funny story. My mom made me put up her tree Sunday. Butterball stood around watching but never got involved. I'm worried to death he's going to knock off the ornaments or do something stupid. But he hasn't and really hadn't shown any interest in doing so. Occasionally I catch him just sitting under the tree. Not playing but just chilling. I'm happy about that.

He knows he is getting a new litter box from her so even though he REALLY wants to go berzerk with the tree he is holding back. Once the box is secured that tree is coming down!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Grrrrrrr.....stupid lights :Angry: For some reason I am thinking of the Chevy Chase christmas movie and the scene where he is having problems with the lights :LOL: Sorry :Pudently:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Christmas lights are the worst so I make my husband do it- like it or not hubby:LOL:
Good luck- I know you will win in the end!!!

ktate88

Banned
Oh the joys ::errrr:: of Christmas lights...I hope you get them working! Maybe admin will help if this light behavior continues.

Butterball would be a great example for Niles!!!

My grandmother has her Christmas tree predecorated so each year my dad wraps this rope contraption around the tree base and up around his shoulders and neck. Then he brings it down the stairs and wah-la-- instant tree!!! Immediately after the tree is plugged in Niles goes underneath it. He looks, no batting. Then reaches up and pulls down this tinsel ornament and takes off. After ornament recovery, he does this again 3 or 4 times but only to this one ornament.

I guess he wanted his own tree.

TotenEngel

Banned
I've got our tree out of storage and can't wait to put it up and see Smeagols reaction! The base on ours is held together with superglue when Laz climbed it last year!

I don't do lights, I'm glad to say!

JacksMom

Banned

Ball sounds like a good little boy; I am worried about Jack and the tree and him trying to eat it (it's fake) and no tinsel or anything, but he seems to try to eat everything! And he's been a crazy man with everything he can find to get into! Knocking down ornaments or breaking them is the least of my worries...I am more worried of him trying to chew on the fake pine needles....going to have to put up my tree on the weekend when I have some time to monitor how Jack does with it....Kittens gosh darn 'em gotta love 'em! :Woo:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Heather i know all too well about the lights ordeal. Although John is VERY helpful... figuring our the plugs/electrical issues is such a hassle! We do a HUGE light display!! and once we are COMPLETELY finished i will post pictures!! we have a corner house and do every side of our home! :)
(yes we are THOSE people!)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I finally fixed them:ThumbsUp: It was the timer it was not working so I got a new one and we are all lit up again!

klreese I love those people and if the fact that our house is tall and I hate ladders the whole thing would be covered. Oh well I will love for you to post some pics when yours are done.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
we have a few more things to do... but lets just say our house has a 15ft tall santa in a hotair balloon on the ROOF, another paguin hotair balloon hanging from a tree, 8ft tall light tree, about 6 blow up thingies LOL.... yah yah yah... :)

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
I don't do Christmas decorations/lights. I was traumatized when I was 20 years old and my father had me up on the roof of the house, clinging to the chimney during a blizzard, helping him put light string # 358 on the roof.

It looked like Santa's f**king runway.

I now get shaky in the legs whenever someone hands me a strand of Christmas lights.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I don't do Christmas decorations/lights. I was traumatized when I was 20 years old and my father had me up on the roof of the house, clinging to the chimney during a blizzard, helping him put light string # 358 on the roof.

It looked like Santa's f**king runway.

I now get shaky in the legs whenever someone hands me a strand of Christmas lights.

Oh my gosh!! No doubt - can't say I blame you.:Surprise:

tessblack

Banned
OH such funny stories. When I met my husband he was not really into the whole christmas thing, now Thanksgiving day he was doing the house lights. We had planed on the sunday but he just had to get them done. We do quite a bit because we have a corner lot. For a long time I was not into Christmas at all but when we got our house it really made me want to decorate and then when we got the kids, we just had to. I had to talk the husband out of the sound system lat year he was going over board!

gizmo6370

Banned
we have a few more things to do... but lets just say our house has a 15ft tall santa in a hotair balloon on the ROOF, another paguin hotair balloon hanging from a tree, 8ft tall light tree, about 6 blow up thingies LOL.... yah yah yah... :)

Can´t wait to see pics...i love christmas decorations :Smile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
......I was traumatized when I was 20 years old ......up on the roof of the house, clinging to the chimney during a blizzard.....It looked like Santa's f**king runway. I now get shaky in the legs whenever someone hands me a strand of Christmas lights.

*snorts milk out nose* :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Has to admit.. i'm a little disappointed in our lights this year. we got a late start on putting them out and didn't get everything done as we wished. Knowing John he'll be out there putting the rest out this weekend... but as promised, this is our lights thus far

Attachments

• IMG00255-20101129-2125.jpg
    IMG00255-20101129-2125.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00257-20101129-2126.jpg
    IMG00257-20101129-2126.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 6
Back