Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Christmas Tree

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello all!! Ok so I am a little terrified to put the Christmas tree up. Given the curious nature of these cats :) I am curious what everyone's experience is with thier Sphynx's and thier Christmas tree?

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
With both mine 7 months old I was a little nervous too. I put only unbreakables at bottom and fastened them very tightly. Other than batting them around once in a while the tree has been fine.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I put ours up u can c in my album pics Maggie is laying right next to it lol she always goes up to the tree & bites the orniments right off & bats them all around the house lol I'm always picking up after her

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We went with A fake one for the first time last year just because I was afraid they would try to eat the branches, but never had A problem with the cats bothering the tree much, I am more worried about Delilah this year(our puppy) she is in to everything and worse eats everything:Hysterical:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo has been so cute, keeps finding decorations round the house and bringing them to me as presents! I'll be sat on the sofa and Mo will appear with a little xmas decoration. He bought me a false stick of rock just before! So cute. He does chew the false branches on my tree sometimes though! Lola managed to pull down the whole tree 3days ago. She was tugging at a decoration at the bottom of the tree and the whole thing fell on top of her. . . . she hasn't tried since!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ya I don't get real trees becuase my furred cat likes to walk under the tree and gets the sap all stuck in his fur. I had to shave him one year because of it. Lol so it sounds like i'm going to have a half ornated tree. The majority of the ornaments I have are the breakable kind, and I have tile floors. Thank you Heather for the link that was helpful :)

silly4lilly

Lairian
i dont have ornaments on like the bottom half of my tree because river kept hitting them and kicking them around the house!!!! i only have the plastic ones

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i dont have ornaments on like the bottom half of my tree because river kept hitting them and kicking them around the house!!!! i only have the plastic ones

I don't put a tree up...not because of the cats; you all have seen what happens to Trouble on a quite regular basis...so I don't think it would end up being too good.
Long ago before I had Trouble we had a 16 ft tree up & Doodie climbed the inside about 10 ft up.... so since then...no tree.

Olemam

Lairian
I am only artificial tree & hanging off sweet, the tree is not so great times but a cat fals purely gymnastics.

Fountainrunner

Lairian
I was concerned too but my cat barely pays it much mind. Sure, I'll catch him every once in awhile trying to eat the lower branches and I have to chase him off. However, I'm happy he's not trying to pull the tree down. By the way, it's a fake white Christmas tree. I've always wanted a white one and I love it. :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I was concerned too but my cat barely pays it much mind. Sure, I'll catch him every once in awhile trying to eat the lower branches and I have to chase him off. However, I'm happy he's not trying to pull the tree down. By the way, it's a fake white Christmas tree. I've always wanted a white one and I love it. :LOL:

I am sending our daughter to your house she wants A white tree! I got her A small one for her room but she is not happy with it:Surprise:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Abby is 7 months old and this is her first christmas as well. We got a real tree, Abby was curious and chewed on the branch a little bit when we first got it. She hasn't touched it since. I have heard it is most important to make sure they don't climb the tree because they can fall. Good luck with your kitties!:ThumbsUp:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Fountainrunner, I like the white trees, too. They are so retro yet modern-looking at the same time. I have a beautiful fiber-optic Christmas tree right now but I'd like to also get a beautiful white tree to showcase my large collection of stained-glass butterfly ornaments. :BigSmile:

Fountainrunner

Lairian
Naked Christmas Tree

I am sending our daughter to your house she wants A white tree! I got her A small one for her room but she is not happy with it:Surprise:

Well, it's not easy having a naked Christmas tree. It's much like having a naked hairless cat. You just keep looking at it knowing something is off-kilter. I love the white tree but I didn't realize how hard it'd be to decorate and how radical looking it is. I can't tell you how bizarre it is seeing the naked kitty chewing the naked Christmas - it's been a very strange year. :Dizzy:

Here's a pic. Be nice, it looks better in person. :)

Attachments

• Christmas Tree 2.jpg
    Christmas Tree 2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 19

susi794

Staff member
Re: Naked Christmas Tree

Well, it's not easy having a naked Christmas tree. It's much like having a naked hairless cat. You just keep looking at it knowing something is off-kilter. I love the white tree but I didn't realize how hard it'd be to decorate and how radical looking it is. I can't tell you how bizarre it is seeing the naked kitty chewing the naked Christmas - it's been a very strange year. :Dizzy:

I think it looks great! I'm not putting one up this year--too many young kittens this year!

sPhYnxMoMmie

Lairian
I was very hesitant with putting our tree up also! I thought our lil Mia would get into because she is much sassier than Jose but she just batted around a few oranaments and then left it alone. I guess it depends on the personality of the cats. Now on the other hand my sisters cats climb in the tree and sleep there!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Naked Christmas Tree

It looks geat! I showed our daughter and she says it looks great too! See mom she said they have one.

Back