Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Chronic Yeast Infection - what worked for you?

Leah2412

Lairian
I've had my girl now for about a year and when I got her she had a lot of dark wax buildup. I've taken her to multiple vets before I found the right one that actually performed a cytology on her ears. The first time he said it looked like an overproduction of normal ear wax, but the second time he looked, he said now that there wasn't so much ear wax, he saw a small amount of yeast and should not be seeing any yeast. Now I'm using malotic drops every other day and cerumene once a week to help flush the ear out of wax and yeast. Poor baby just loathes me putting drops in her ears. I'm also transitioning her to a no poultry diet as I've read that can help. The vet suggested a highly processed HA protien food which she wouldn't eat, nor do I want to feed her something so highly processed. The new food is the orijen six fish and I'm supplementing with primal's pork nuggets. I was topping the kibble with the primal nuggets and adding a splash of organic beef broth, as the pet food store suggested this, but I've seen on the forums that it's not good to mix the two. From now on, I plan to feed her the primal food when I am home and her automatic feeder set up for when I'm working. It would be ideal to feed her the primal the entire time but I'm work 3 12's so the days I work it's not possible. For those of you that dealt with this, what worked for you? The vet said the next step would be to put her on steroids, which is said isn't ideal. I'm really hoping the food switch will work.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Leah2412 , my one boy gets more wax build up. he had more when on acana food (same mfr. as orijen). I switched my crew to nutrisource cat and kitten though it has chicken it and has worked wonders (no recalls) lesser known brand. soo much less greasy build up ears and skin. I can free feed and go with the food no skin or poo issues. members will surely chime in. each kitty is different to find what works best.

sharing, my vet also got me hooked on Trizultra w/keto years ago to wipe out / clean ears. I actually don't flush ears with it. I wet qtips and swissper cotton rounds and gently wipe/clean twice a week. huge difference. hugs n head smooches, following for updates.

Attachments

• trizultra.jpg
    trizultra.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 15
  • swisspers.jpeg
    swisspers.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • nutrisource.png
    nutrisource.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 11
Back