Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cinnamon Ring!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK, do other peoples sphynx cats get what I call a cinnamon ring?? :LOL:
Mo always has a clean bottom, but sometimes if he's been hot he gets a brown ring round his bottom! It's not poo, but when hes been sweating and had his tail down all curled up sometimes he develops this dirty mark where it gets all dry and its impossible to clean off!!! It stays for a few days then clears up in time. But theres no getting that mark off!

He is always licking himself and I've tried putting him in the bath, wet wipes, creams. Only thing I havn't tried is coconut oil. Will coconut oil sort this problem out? I am planning on ordering some on friday when I get paid.

I can't offer advice, but I do like the term 'cinnamon ring'.

Hmmmm....cinnamon pits....cinnamon flab flaps.....

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I almost spit tea on the floor! OMG that was funny!

Gable gets this as well. My Amaryllis is such a clean girl. Anyway, I do find that the coconut oil works wonders. Gable is not fond of the coconut oil massage on his backside but it is better than having the dirty bullseye back there!

hzellerhoff

Lairian
I am still waiting on my cat but have gotten some "necessities" one of which being coconut oil. I saw that you were ordering it, if you have a local natural/organic/health store you may be able to purchase it there instead of ordering it! Pleases let me know if there is a special coconut oil that I don't know about as well, like I said a I pre-Sphynx!:ThumbsUp:

I am still waiting on my cat but have gotten some "necessities" one of which being coconut oil. I saw that you were ordering it, if you have a local natural/organic/health store you may be able to purchase it there instead of ordering it! Pleases let me know if there is a special coconut oil that I don't know about as well, like I said a I pre-Sphynx!:ThumbsUp:

I bought a tub of organic coconut oil from my local health food store and paid $15 for it. I found out after that many ethnic food stores carry it as well. I went into an East Asian grocery near us and found organic coconut oil for about $5!!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks guys I'm going to give it a go. Do I need to apply it in a certain way? Or leave it on for a long time?

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just put the bottle in warm water then rub some of the melted oil on, and leave it there for a few minutes then wash it off.

OK I'll give that a try! But he may lick it off after I've just put it on! I'll have to wrap him in a blanket for a cuddle to keep it on!

JessLynn

Lairian
OK I'll give that a try! But he may lick it off after I've just put it on! I'll have to wrap him in a blanket for a cuddle to keep it on!

I put the coconut oil on Belza 5 or 10 min before bath time and keep her in the bathroom with me and bring her toys in there and play with her so she kind of forgets about the oil. I've heard that it doesn't matter if they lick it or not. I let Belza lick herself and nothing happened. Good luck! :ThumbsUp:

I just rub it on mine about 10 mins. before bath. The oil will melt in your hands, so I just scoop some out and they get a nice little massage. I even put it on their nails as it helps get the grease gunk from their nail beds. They just walk about like little greased piggies for a bit. They may lick some off but it does not hut them. Then they get their bath and it washes off nicely, leaving clean, soft kitties without a bunch of scrubbing!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Johnny doesnt have a cinnamon ring, he has a chocolate donut :Surprise::Surprise:

That's what Freya has too! Cinnamon ring sounds so much nicer, lol.

For the coconut oil, My kitties are not patient, I rub it on Mr. Brown Eye, and the gunk disappears instantly, I can see the "cinnamon" come right off the tummies and pits too, I rub it for about two mins and wash it right off:ThumbsUp:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It won't hurt him if he licks it off, no worries about that. :)

I'm not bothered about him licking it off, just wandered weather it would have chance to work properly if he licked it off too soon?! He's there licking away the second I try to put something on :Surprise:. But if it works pretty fast it might be ok!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is the only forum in the world where people could discuss oiling up bums and not be considered pervs.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ive never realized so many people have to order things like pumpkin and coconut oil before. Its at every grocery store and even walmart. The ethnic hair section has it almost always. I have a hippy store about 2 miles from me that has everything organic you can imagine and then some!

Back