Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!
  • Welcome to the Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & Enthusiasts around the World! Click here to ---> Join Now!

Cleaning between ears and eyes

How do I safely clean the area between the ears and eyes? I almost feel as though i have to give Harley two baths, one right after the other, because she gets so dirty sometimes. Mostly around her neck / breast area and hind quarters (legs).

I know not to get water in her eyes and ears, but that area between just cant seem to get clean. I even use the sloughing gloves on her body, but feel its too harsh for her face. I am using baby shampoo (gotta love the lavender scent) :Adore:

Anywho, tips and pointers are definitely appreciated.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I scrub that area with Johnson's Baby Wash on a washcloth then rinse it off with a clean wet washcloth. Necks chests and butts seem to get dirty the quickest - I just touch those areas up between baths with hypoallergenic baby wipes.

For the space between Snuffie's ears and eyes I've found that when cleaning her ears with a cottonball I can just rub it in that area and it lifts the dirt so easy. No scrubbing at all is needed and it comes up really quickly. I make sure I only have a drop or two of ear solution on the cottonball tho because you want to make sure you don't get it in their eyes. I wash her face while giving her bath,,just wring the cloth out very well and wipe down the best you can.