Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleaning ears....

jwylde

Lairian
:Angry: What always aggravates me is trying to clean Hugo's ears.... I use to take him to the petstore near me and have them do it but I thought I should start doing it myself...I've been doing it for a while by myself but it seems like the stuff WAY DOWN DEEP is still there. When I was at the vet they were trying to show me how to with a q-tip but when I got him I didn't want to jam his eardrum out so I do it with a Q-tip where I can see with the fluid and then I put some on a papertowel and "jam" it in his ear and twist it around.... then I put the medicine in his ear from the vet (to kill all the crap in there) and that stuff usually brings the gunk to the top...
Any ideas on how or what to clean the deep part of the ear with so I don't hurt him?

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have you seen the video of the ear cleaning on here? I found this useful and use this method. Just a suggestion:Cool:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I was cleaning Snuffies ears with q tips and she seemed fine with it but I was terrified I would hurt her. I saw the video on this site with the cotton balls and actually tried it for the first time last night and Snuffie did great, her ears are all clean and she is good to go. Thanks Lair!

Back