Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleaning litter box

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is it a rule that as soon as you clean the litter box kitty must immediately proceed to "dirty it up"?

Oh, one more thing. When kitty proceeds with his business is it normal that he dig to the bottom of the box and urinate on the unprotected bottom of the pan. It sure makes cleaning much more difficult.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
HAHA That is the rule in my house! My cats watch as I scoop every evening, then they all proceed to dig & poop, dig & pee!:Dizzy:

Gizzymom

Banned
Giz does that... But he also proceeds to bury his poop with every single grain of litter in the box - I have a Litter Maid, so then I hear the motor going again and again and again... trying to scoop this huge mound of litter Gizzy has made! Now come on, Giz... your poops are not THAT big!!!:LOL:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
True to a "T" here -- soon as I clean up the box, there is a race as to which cat gets there first -- they have come to blows over it:Woo:

TotenEngel

Banned
same here!! As I start to clean the box I have 4 pairs of eyes on me waiting for me to finish and put the lid back on! The minute it is, they take turns and within 5 minutes it has 4 kitty poops in it and needs cleaning again lol

Bella07

Banned
UGH.... mine use it while i'm STILL scooping!!!

:LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

:Surprise:...And that reminds me! Yes, disgusting, but one day I was in the bathroom and I was well, going to the bathroom. My cat was in there with me, and while I was on the toilet, she hopped into the tub, and made a pee just like mommy was. Same time as I was and everything.... I was shocked, but "Like mommy like daughter" I suppose! :Hysterical:

Shell_Baby

Lairian
LOL! Same at our house! We are onto the Litter Kwitter thingy (woo hoo!) and as soon as I cleaned it last night, kitty proceeded to jump into the fresh litter :Frown: Wouldn't use it before so I could clean that too, of course...... yes, I happen to be the cat's slave of choice :Wink::LOL:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If aliens are studying us they sure as hell wont think we rule this planet since we scoop the pee and S.hit of cats while they sit on the side to make us do it right over again.

Which we do!

The first message to earth from beyond will not be to the UN or something it will be for "Kitty". If the aliens are abolitionists, cats will be in trouble that day.
:Wink:

bellasmom

Banned
Same at my house!! Sometimes she hops in before the new litter is even in the box! I have to shoo her out. I also use plastic liners instead of just a bare litter box. Sometimes while she is scrapping to get to the bottom she will puncture some holes but its still WAY better and pee soaking the bottom!

I hear Bella scratching away as I am typing this!!!!:Hysterical:

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
I didn`t notice that Frodo tends to use the freshly cleaned box, but I do clean it very often. I use flushable litter and open box, so I clean it every time I am in the bathroom and there is sth to clean. The box is made of plastic and the digging and scratching the bottom was driving me crazy, especially in the middle of the night, as I live in a small flat. I decided to buy puppy training pads which I put on the bottom. My box has got a removable rim that holds the pad in place, but next time I am going to buy a larger size because the are a bit too small on the sides. The pee soaks in the pad and it is very easy to clean :ThumbsUp:

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 42
Back