Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleo and changes !

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello everyone I finally got a few pictures together of Cleo and the changes !
I must admit I did like her dark patches , but so long as she is in good health she could be sky blue pink ! ( I’m laughing sorry it’s a saying my gran used to say )
So here is my princess Cleo the gentle one !
604D1E52-1679-4EF9-9558-8EC26224D476.jpeg

She is still so beautiful and she really is a gentle soul !
Nailah is the female version of the Bagster !
She may have small legs but she bounces around the house like an elephant ! She jumps around like a spring hare ! And stands on her back legs like a meerkat ! But she is so so funny
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow! Life with a thermal sphynx, amirite lol! Her dark beauty will be back by fall. )(

This is a neat idea! Kenzo has lightened up quite a lot for summer too! I think the seasonal color changes are the most drastic with the seal colorpoints like ours. I’m going to try to make my own before/after color change comparison. Thanks for sharing!

Shmeeps

Lairian
Wait! What? They lighten up in the summer and darken in the winter? Really? My Buck is a Seal point and white. He just turned a year old. I can't wait to see if his spots darken in winter!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Shmeeps Yes! Crazy right! The change is more apparent in if you live somewhere with colder climate & more drastic temp changes during the seasons!

—> Colorpoint pattern is a form of heat dependent albinism. That’s why the babies are born white/pink, bc the temp inside mama is very warm! Then, the longer they are out in the world, they adjust to the new, cooler temp of the environment, which allows their color pigment to develop. That’s also why their “points” are darker than their bodies (ears, nose, paws & tail). Those areas are further from their warmer core.

They’re literally like those mood rings from the 90s lol. Fascinating!

KoopCats

Lairian
@Shmeeps Yes! Crazy right! The change is more apparent in if you live somewhere with colder climate & more drastic temp changes during the seasons!

—> Colorpoint pattern is a form of heat dependent albinism. That’s why the babies are born white/pink, bc the temp inside mama is very warm! Then, the longer they are out in the world, they adjust to the new, cooler temp of the environment, which allows their color pigment to develop. That’s also why their “points” are darker than their bodies (ears, nose, paws & tail). Those areas are further from their warmer core.

They’re literally like those mood rings from the 90s lol. Fascinating!

Okay that is SO COOL... I had no idea that's why they are all born so light! Thanks for the explanation!

Back