Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleo is at the Veterinarian

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The kids sent a lovely flower arrangement for Mother’s Day. Unfortunately Cleo got into them this morning.

The flowers were beautiful tulips with oriental lilies we put them out on the table for a picture. Knowing that the lilies are toxic we kept them away from Cleo but I noticed a yellow smudge on her mouth so clearly she got into them.

We called the vet and rushed her in. They had us call the ASPCA Poison Control for a case #. Cleo is now resting comfortably at the Veterinarian for the next two days as they are running tests and have her on IV fluids. She will be their guest for the next two days.

You only have to turn your back for a minute for her to get into something she shouldn’t.

6F6E42C0-6848-4B84-85D2-D83798DAA7FC.jpeg

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Dang it. It happens to the best of us, really. I just don’t have flowers in my house at all because I’m afraid of that. Going to be an expensive vet visit for 2 days.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Lair Prayers are sent. Remain positive. I know I cringe every time I am sent flowers. Please keep updating us..come on Cleo we are sending positive vibes. Kudos to you for taking this so seriously.

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It is so hard to keep Sphynxies out of anything once they set their sights on it. Sending healing vibes to Cleo!

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Duglynukem how is Cleo doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The doctor called this morning to give us an update. She made a mess out of her kennel overnight pulled out her IV and howled all night but she’s all talk and no bite. She seems to be warming up to the doctor this morning.
Her tests are still good so maybe just one more night and she can come home. I hope (but doubt) she has learned from all of this.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Rofl well at least you know she’s felling feisty!

Yoda mom

Staff member
oh Cleo we are sending a lair full of positive vibes! hope you are home soon and get some R&R watching the ocean and window washers! stop giving your mum n dad heartattacks being a freshy eating stuff you should not.

so glad the test are all good , phew... hurry home Cleo! hugs n head smooches

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
What a little stinker lol. Glad to hear she is doing well. Please let us know how the next day goes and when she is home safe and sound. Those were the most expensive flowers your wife ever received, that’s for sure.

Chilly Willy

Lairian
Oh goodness! I’m happy to hear her bloodwork is improving! The hurry up and wait part is the hardest...
Cleo sounds like she appreciates the vet as much as Chilly does! Lol. Every time he goes after something he shouldn’t, (which seems to be everyday! Lol), I remind him the natural consequence for trying to eat something he shouldn’t is a car ride to the Vet!! .
I’m glad she’s perking up a bit. Hopefully everyone can snuggle together soon!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending positive vibes. Happy to hear her bloodworks are improving. Hope she cango home with you soon

Chilly Willy

Lairian
YAY! So glad she is home. I can’t imagine how stressful that had have been for both her and her humans.....
I can imagine how uncomfortable her bandage might be for her.
Snuggles....
Chilly can’t wait to exchange “mean veterinary,” stories with the beautiful Miss Cleo!
Hugs

Chilly and Humans
Brought Cleo home this afternoon. The Doc said she is fine but would like a follow up next week.
She is not happy with her bandage but when she pulled the IV out it bled pretty good.
View attachment 99581View attachment 99582

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She looks great. Glad she’s safe and sound. You can probably take that bandage off now as it’s been hours, no? Would’ve clotted by now.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Woot woot happiness is being home. Kudos to you knowing this was not a wait and see issue...ingesting lilies can be fatal and it takes a couple of days for serious reactions to show. Getting your baby in for observation and possible care was key ...whew...as if life is not stressful enough snuggle harder tonight. @Duglynukem

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope (but doubt) she has learned from all of this.
Ahem.....that might as well have been Cleo talking to the other animals at the hospital .....

Cleo: "hi, what are you here for?"

Other animal: "oh the usual, some stranger feels me up and sticks pointy things in me....what brings you here, Cleo?"

Cleo: "my humans put interesting flowers out so when they weren't looking I scarfed some down.....they were alright....I thought I had gotten away clean but my humans found me out and brought me here"

Other animal: "that sux"

Cleo: "IKR"

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just a final note: Cleo is back to normal and I received notification today that Healthy Paws reimbursed the veterinarian bill including the $75 fee To ASPCA Poison Control.
I love Healthy Paws. They have always been great to me and Ellie.

Ahem.....that might as well have been Cleo talking to the other animals at the hospital .....

Cleo: "hi, what are you here for?"

Other animal: "oh the usual, some stranger feels me up and sticks pointy things in me....what brings you here, Cleo?"

Cleo: "my humans put interesting flowers out so when they weren't looking I scarfed some down.....they were alright....I thought I had gotten away clean but my humans found me out and brought me here"

Other animal: "that sux"

Cleo: "IKR"
ROFL. I love talking for the kitties.