Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleo is THROUGH with Home Renovations!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So Cleo posted in another thread about how she was afraid the whole house would be torn down when we redid the kitchen floor last Thursday and Friday. Well, the floor is done, and she has survived (barely). But before the floor was even done, I had the harebrained idea that, since all the stuff was out of the kitchen entryway (it’s a 1920s-30s Craftsman house with a tiny breakfast nook/kitchen entry), why don’t we paint some walls? Since I am still recovering from back surgery and cannot possibly paint, I said something to Cleo’s long-suffering Daddieo, Bob, who jumped at the idea. By Saturday, we had the pale gray paint, and most of the nook was painted. This morning, Bob got the even paler grey trim paint, and within an hour or so, had the first coat on the window frame and baseboards.

But Cleo is SO THROUGH with all of this!!!! The painting means that her food dishes were only in their accustomed places for about an hour each day! Just now, Bob was preparing their lunch, and Cleo kept stalking across the drop cloth, which is in her food spot. Sure enough, they got fed in the dining room, NOT their accustomed food spot!!!! Oh, the horror!!! She is finished with all the upheaval, and SOOOO ready to get her food back in place!! The only good thing about everything is that they need baths, and the baths have been delayed. Pictures are of where the dishes SHOULD be and where they are, right now.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Back