Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleo's Back in the Hospital

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I feel bad for Cleo she can't catch a break. Back to her veterinarian Monday. She hasn't been able to keep anything down for a couple of days. The Dr. gave her a thorough exam and nausea meds to start. I was instructed to bring her back in if the nausea persists. By Wednesday night Cleo was still unable to go more than a couple of hours without vomiting so back to the vet Thursday. They took an x-ray and ultrasound. Her intestines are in pretty bad shape so they are keeping her overnight to fast and then a complete blood workup today. The x-ray pics are going out to be read by a radiologist. We should know something today but it isn't looking good.

I spoke with our breeder to see if any of her siblings were presenting similar symptoms but she said they are all healthy and doing well.

It was quiet around the house last night and this morning. We are sure missing our little girl.

IMG_1496.jpg

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's absolutely heartbreaking... poor Cleo! Has she had issues like these before? Please let us know when you find out more!
((Big hugs and positive thoughts))

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Duglynukem ooooh Cleo what is going on pretty girl ? we are sending a lair full of positive vibes and prayers for good news

Is she still sneaking eating toilet paper ? Just trying to brain storm
I had to put a hand towel tucked over and in the sides of the roll

She needs to catch a break
Has anyrhing changed?
I forgot what food she is eating ?

Years ago my Bengal kitty kept vomitting .. I called halo food and they paid to have the food sent back for testing . Turns out they never had recalls . But ... After my complaint they got several others and ended up recalling a small run batch of food for mold .

Just trying to think outside the box and wanted to share

I know she has the best of love and care

Following closely for updates

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He
@Duglynukem ooooh Cleo what is going on pretty girl ? we are sending a lair full of positive vibes and prayers for good news

Is she still sneaking eating toilet paper ? Just trying to brain storm
I had to put a hand towel tucked over and in the sides of the roll

She needs to catch a break
Has anyrhing changed?
I forgot what food she is eating ?

Years ago my Bengal kitty kept vomitting .. I called halo food and they paid to have the food sent back for testing . Turns out they never had recalls . But ... After my complaint they got several others and ended up recalling a small run batch of food for mold .

Just trying to think outside the box and wanted to share

I know she has the best of love and care

Following closely for updates

Her regular food is Hills Prescription Diet. When the problem started we only gave her small portions of canned organic chicken but she couldn’t keep anything down for long.

The vet is concerned about possible food allergy so they are giving her small portions of rabbit and potatoes. We haven’t heard the results yet.

Yoda mom

Staff member
((Hugs)))
Hopeful will get answers on the testing soon!
Rabbit being a novel protein hoepfuly will settle her tummy

Stella and chewys has a rabbit formula too
I tried the Holisitc select brand rabbit for my IBD kitty smd she wasn't fond of it

Switched her to Nutrisource cat and kitten food (no recalls touted for gut health) vomitting finally stopped after many food trials over a year .

Come on Cleo girl feel better soon! hurrt home for lovin and boat watching !

Last edited:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, hopefully it's an easy fix! My previous girl Fisen was allergic to chicken, she also vomited like crazy. Hopefully they find the cause, and fast! Healing vibes and tons of hugs are sent your way!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I sure wish I could offer more help but the only think I know to do whenever I see one of mine throwing food up frequently is I simmer a whole chicken for them. I feed them the chicken meat and broth for a few days....up to a week at most. Luckily that has always worked for me and then we go back to regular food. Best wishes for Cleo.

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I sure wish I could offer more help but the only think I know to do whenever I see one of mine throwing food up frequently is I simmer a whole chicken for them. I feed them the chicken meat and broth for a few days....up to a week at most. Luckily that has always worked for me and then we go back to regular food. Best wishes for Cleo.

We have done the chicken thing also and it helps her for mild nausea. It didn’t do the trick this time.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Oh Cleo I am so glad you are back home .hsppy no blockage but wish we knew how and why your are getting severe IBS
My Bengal girl had this too
It was exhaustimg doing food trials
Finally found one thst works
All paws classed for the blood work results( is it Gainsville univ.?)Hugs n head smooches

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo. I know how empty the house can feel without your baby around.

I was relieved to read that there was no blockage. At least with IBS, it can be controlled in time. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sending you lots of healing vibes.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So pleased to hear she's back at home to recuperate is familiar surroundings! So the journey begins to find a diet that works for her... All fingers and toes crossed it's a short journey!:rolleyes: Hope you can enjoy your holiday in the meantime :)

Back