Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Clothes for Sphynx kitten

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I brought my new Sphynx kitten home on Monday and after looking through pet catalogs I came across many cute outfits. I cant figure out what size George would be though. He weighs 3.75 pounds and is 11 weeks old. Any suggestions on a size?

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just ordered clothes for my sphynx kitten and was advised to order a cat size small that she should grow in to. I was told xsmall would probably fit her now but I wanted something she could grow in to also. The person I asked had a 5-6 lb sphynx cat that wore a medium for reference. Also, in my research to find sphynx clothing there are a couple sites out there that will take custom measurements for you.

I'm not sure on the dog sizes though....I'd guess small or email the company.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Best thing to do is pick up a measuring tape & measure the kitty for correct size. FYI - Be careful when buy things with sleeves that are made for dogs they don't fit too well on Sphynx.

Kramer is 6.5 lbs & he is a small

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When Kreacher was that size he wore an XXS. But he did grow out of them fairly quickly. I only bought a few shirts for him. I will buy more when he is full grown. They grow FAST! Right now he's a size XS and he's 7 months

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When I first got Meecho she needed an xx-small but she out grew that in what felt like a week, but now she wears anywhere from a x-small to a small. Here is a website that is pretty good as they show not only the sizes based on length but also give comparison's by other animals. http://superstarpetlovers.com/

Here is a screen shot of what they have. Keep in mind that each make and brand will fit differently just like our clothing does.

Size Fits Length Fits Necks Fits Chests
XX-Small 6" 8"-10" 8"-10"
X-Small 8" 10"-12" 10"-14"
Small 12" 12"-16" 14"-18"
Medium 16" 16"-20" 18"-22"
Large 20" 18"-22" 22"-26"

Sizing Guide: (See below for estimating by breed)

Back: Measure length of pet’s back from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. See below for estimating by breed.

Neck: Measure the circumference of pet’s neck for a snug fit. No need to add inches as you would with a collar.

Chest/Girth: Measure girth around the broadest part of the chest and add 2”.

Note: If the dog has a stout build, select one size larger.

Recommended sizing by breed:
XX-Small: Teacup and dogs under 5 lbs
X-Small: Australian Terrier, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Toy Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier
Small: Boston Terrier, Jack Russell Terrier, Maltese, Pug, Silky Terrier
Medium: Bichon Frise, Beagle, ****er Spaniel, Corgi, Scottish Terrier
Large: Brittany Spaniel, Bulldog, Collie, Schnauzer, Springer Spaniel
X-Large: Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Rottweiler
XX-Large: Irish Wolfhound, Great Dane, Mastiff, Newfoundland, St. Bernard

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I first got Meecho she needed an xx-small but she out grew that in what felt like a week, but now she wears anywhere from a x-small to a small. Here is a website that is pretty good as they show not only the sizes based on length but also give comparison's by other animals. http://superstarpetlovers.com/

Here is a screen shot of what they have. Keep in mind that each make and brand will fit differently just like our clothing does.

Size Fits Length Fits Necks Fits Chests
XX-Small 6" 8"-10" 8"-10"
X-Small 8" 10"-12" 10"-14"
Small 12" 12"-16" 14"-18"
Medium 16" 16"-20" 18"-22"
Large 20" 18"-22" 22"-26"

Sizing Guide: (See below for estimating by breed)

Back: Measure length of pet’s back from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. See below for estimating by breed.

Neck: Measure the circumference of pet’s neck for a snug fit. No need to add inches as you would with a collar.

Chest/Girth: Measure girth around the broadest part of the chest and add 2”.

Note: If the dog has a stout build, select one size larger.

Recommended sizing by breed:
XX-Small: Teacup and dogs under 5 lbs
X-Small: Australian Terrier, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Toy Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier
Small: Boston Terrier, Jack Russell Terrier, Maltese, Pug, Silky Terrier
Medium: Bichon Frise, Beagle, ****er Spaniel, Corgi, Scottish Terrier
Large: Brittany Spaniel, Bulldog, Collie, Schnauzer, Springer Spaniel
X-Large: Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Rottweiler
XX-Large: Irish Wolfhound, Great Dane, Mastiff, Newfoundland, St. Bernard

Kallie, thanks much for this sizing chart...this will be very helpful to a lot of us!

Piglet is about 7 or 8 lbs according to my vet (she's pretty darn tiny, so she's a lot heavier than she looks!) and usually wears a size XS or S. I agree with Kallie that the sizes can vary depending on the manufacturer (just like with women's clothing!). I've had to go up as high as a size M or as small as XXS for Piglet depending on the pet clothing brand!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kallie, thanks much for this sizing chart...this will be very helpful to a lot of us!

Piglet is about 7 or 8 lbs according to my vet (she's pretty darn tiny, so she's a lot heavier than she looks!) and usually wears a size XS or S. I agree with Kallie that the sizes can vary depending on the manufacturer (just like with women's clothing!). I've had to go up as high as a size M or as small as XXS for Piglet depending on the pet clothing brand!

It's funny because when I order Meecho's clothes online it's usually the small that fits her. When I buy at Wal-Mart I have to get her an xxs and when I buy this one brand from Ross I have to get a Medium :LOL: Boy I wish my problem was a size between a xxs and a medium. :Laugh:

Fountainrunner

Lairian
It's funny because when I order Meecho's clothes online it's usually the small that fits her. When I buy at Wal-Mart I have to get her an xxs and when I buy this one brand from Ross I have to get a Medium :LOL: Boy I wish my problem was a size between a xxs and a medium. :Laugh:

They sell cat clothes at Wal-Mart? I've never seen any there before. I'll have to look next time I'm there. Do the cats really need the clothes or is it more about us playing dress up with them?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My new sphynx wears xs.
In fact she is bigger then Cleo was at the same age so she is wearing some of Cleos old clothes already.
Sphynx needto stay warm this time of year.
I never put clothes on them in the summer.

Fountainrunner

Lairian
I saw the pet clothes in Wal-Mart today. I don't think I noticed it before. They had a decent selection of basic cheap gear but mostly for dogs. I didn't see anything I liked.

PitRottMommy

Banned
I never put clothes on them in the summer.

We're the opposite. We keep it so cold in the house during the summer that the cats need sweaters. During the winter, it's toasty warm (although, sometimes they still get winter wear).

I'm trying to find time to make my crew Christmas sweaters (like Santa and Mrs. Clause) before the holiday arrives.

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We bought a Canine Casual ribbed cotton tank in XXSmall for little Eudo (based upon a chart that looks very similar to the one presented above). We figured we could maybe play with for about a week (!), but at 4 pounds the tank was already too small. I think with the doggie styles it might be better to go for a larger fit since they aren't cut for a cat's body (like the armholes are too high). We bought a tee in a larger size (Small) for later. We can always send it to Wardrobe for a DIY punk look it the sleeves don't work.

Back