Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

clumsy

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
I have had a LOT of cats through my short life and as a general rule, they are graceful creatures. But Magi is not. Sure she walks like a queen but 90% of the time, if she jumps up on something, she falls off. And doesn't land on her feet.
Is this a Sphynx thing?

Is this just because all four of her poor feet are declawed? My other kitty, Queen Noelle has her front feet declawed and she's the most graceful cat ever!

Is Magi just special?
Any thoughts?

tessblack

Banned
Twitch is pretty graceful but Tux on the other hand is a disaster. He ends up getting help from Dad to get up on things. Then sometimes he makes jumps that I am amzed at. Most times he is a bit of a clumsy blob!

Gizzymom

Banned
Gizmo is much clumsier than any cat I have ever had!! He slides off the counter, turns over on the couch and rolls off, etc... I think sphynx just tend to be not as "graceful"...:LOL:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's a sphynx thing.
They are clowns mixed in with cats. I almost think they miss jumps and fall off shelfs just to amuse us sometimes.

If you ever saw a Bengal and then buy a Sphynx you can't believe they are from the same planet. :Hysterical:
But it is individual ofc, however all sphynxes (almost) are part clowns to some degree...

ckutkuhn7

Banned
SoBe is graceful, Snuffie isn't so graceful now that she is full grown. She lands funny when she jumps, will often miss or not get a good grip on counters, just depends on her energy that day.

I have heard that declawed kitties do have more trouble jumping and such and are generally not as graceful tho. I hope she doesn't hurt herself.

Of course she is special tho - she is a sphynx!!!!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The girls can be clumsy at times- usually when they're busy chasing each other. Too bad about the declawing.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad someone posted this! I thought something was wrong with Sherlock! He has claws and he is so clumsy!! He will go to jump on the couch sometimes and oops he misses and he like "Did anyone see that?". Cracks me up at first then I started to get a little worried. I thought maybe his depth perception was off.

Gizzymom

Banned
I think its the invisible ceiling monster... y'know, the one they spend hours staring at!!

Gizmo gets on top of the fridge and stands on his hind legs, pawing at the corner of the walls / ceiling yowing.... I ask him if he is talking to the "ghostie". But ceiling monster is good! :LOL:

JacksMom

Banned
Jack, although not really clumsy, sounds like a horse when he runs through the living room on the carpet! Totally lacks the grace my other furry cats had and they were even much bigger! you could never hear them run. I swear you can hear Jack running on carpet....he has heavy feet and he's just a little guy!

kaoticharmony

Banned
I have a staircase with 2 landings where the stairs change direction. If the landings were not there Venus would have fallen down the stairs many times. She lays at the top of the stairs when I go down them and rolls upside down doing her "silly girl" stuff and usually ends up rolling down the top 2 steps and landing on the first landing.... (now I get it....thats why they call it a landing). I plan on recording it soon... lol...she just stole the treat container off my headboard.

Venus gets too nipped and falls out of my bed. I try and catch her, but don't always succeed.

Nipped Venus...note tongue hanging out.

Venus nipped and Neon telling on her "Mom! Venus has been in the catnip again!"

Last edited:
Back