Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coconut oil?

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Cooleymama. Welcome to this wonderful group. Congratulation on your first born naked baby. Personally I have never used coconut oil or any oils on my Sphynx. As adding oils to the skin just tends to make him much more dirty way to quick. Like over night. If you search the group on previous chats about coconut oil you may find some alternative suggestions. There are ladies here who are way more experienced than me that I am sure will give you solid facts. I trust them with my Sphinxes life they are magnificent ❤️❤️

Cooleymama

Lairian
Hi Cooleymama. Welcome to this wonderful group. Congratulation on your first born naked baby. Personally I have never used coconut oil or any oils on my Sphynx. As adding oils to the skin just tends to make him much more dirty way to quick. Like over night. If you search the group on previous chats about coconut oil you may find some alternative suggestions. There are ladies here who are way more experienced than me that I am sure will give you solid facts. I trust them with my Sphinxes life they are magnificent ❤️❤️
What do you use on your baby to keep them clean?

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The only times I used coconut oil was if a nose was really crusty just before a bath. We found out very quickly that coconut oil actually attracts dirt, and our guys do NOT need any help attracting dirt. When our guys were younger, we bathed every week or two, and I wiped faces and chins with damp washcloths (water only) daily. When you bathe, be sure you rinse thoroughly. If you leave any soap residue, it will attract dirt. We use HyLyte or oatmeal shampoo. For dirty bums and necks, armpits, etc, I find that baby wipes (with as few ingredients as possible) work really well. In the last few years, we bathe about every 2-3 weeks and they get dirty between baths. I’ve gotten more tired and less worried about appearance, as long as they are healthy.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The shampoo mentioned before in a message appears to be a hit with a lot of ladies. I unfortunately live abroad and have found and awesome one here that allows Shamus to go 2-3 months between baths. I use nothing else. He is really great with keeping himself cleaned and wearing little shirts does help to remove dirt. We go outdoors a lot so he always has a light vest on as not to get burned or rubbed by his harness.

Back