Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

colds and sphynxs

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Is it possible to transfer a cold from a human to a cat?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I worry about that myself. It's difficult to avoid giving your kitty kisses when you have a cold. :(

PitRottMommy

Banned
The rhinovirus (human colds) is species-specific. So, no, you cannot transfer the sniffles you have to your cat. (Or dog).

The H1N1 has only been found in humans/pets in some states. Interestingly neough, research has recently been printed in AVMA magazines that has been found that H1N1 and also MRSA transfers from HUMANS to their PETS. Not the other way around, as previously suspected. (Which is mentioned in the link you added, gizmo6370).

CoolSphynx

Lairian
interesting stuff!
when Dobby has to sneeze, he ALWAYS sticks his face in mine (and I think I'm getting a kiss), sneezes and then wipes his nose on my neck. Blech. Fortunately he's cute and can't give me a cold. :Dizzy:

Brooke

Banned
interesting stuff!
when Dobby has to sneeze, he ALWAYS sticks his face in mine (and I think I'm getting a kiss), sneezes and then wipes his nose on my neck. Blech. Fortunately he's cute and can't give me a cold. :Dizzy:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::Hysterical: how sweet!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whooohhh that's good to know that kittys can't get colds from us!!!!