Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Colors

princesstails

Lairian
I have been trying to find books or webpages that will help better explain genetics and colors. I'm trying to learn what two colors would make what type of kittens and so on. Would anyone know of some places to find this info ? Thanks

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There's a good article on a breeders website. If you PM me I will tell you the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

sciumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I like these

http://www.mcbfa.org/mainecooncolors.html (it's all Maine Coons)

http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/intro.htm (nice pics!)

And...I don't know how to copy this...it's a PDF, but if you google search "Pet Coat Colors - University of Florida" it should come right up

[PDF]Cat Coat Colors - University of Florida
sheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.edu/.../identification-and-coat-colors-patterns.p...
CAT IDENTIFICATION. Solid Coat Colors. Eye Coloration. Black (pictured) or Blue with white roots. Brown. Hazel. Gold. Green. Blue. Compiled by Dr. Brenda ...

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have no idea looks like you got pointed in the right direction

Izidora

Lairian
I am interested in how do all the combinations come out :D
My SIlvio is bicolor-mask and mantle, according to that chart above. His mom was all white but with dark nose (I do not know how is that called since she has no colour on her tail or legs to make her pointed) and dad was bicolor - the kittens were black, tabby, bicolor grey, bicolor dark grey..
The patterns thing is soooo interesting...Silvio has more white colour while his brother was also bicolor but had his front legs all covered in grey as if he had sleeves, and yet he had white paws. And also he had a grey spot right on his chin :)