Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Common Allergies?

AttysMom

Lairian
Does anyone have any insight on common allergies? My little one has a dry flaky patch on his chest.. he has had it before and it was caused by a medication he was on so I’m assuming this time it’s another allergy but I’m having a harder time figuring out what’s causing it.
I’ve tried changing his food (he has always done well with duck and rabbit and that’s what he’s on right now), I’ve held off giving him treats to see if those were the culprit.. no changes in his shampoo or any household things we use.. I’m just at a bit of a loss.
The only other thing I was wondering is if anyone has seen this type of thing caused by stress. We’re currently getting ready to move and the house is in disarray, that’s been the only real difference in the past couple of weeks.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Does it look like a rash or just dry? If it’s just dry it very well could be he’s spending a lot of time around and on cardboard boxes and it’s drying his skin out. Have you tried some olive oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is he still taking Prozac? Any other meds?

AttysMom

Lairian
Does it look like a rash or just dry? If it’s just dry it very well could be he’s spending a lot of time around and on cardboard boxes and it’s drying his skin out. Have you tried some olive oil?

I’m gonna try this right now and see if

It does look a bit rashy to me but its hard to tell.. it's definitely not as bad as when he had the first allergic reaction so it could be just some dryness that's been exacerbated by his licking.. I'll try some olive oil on him tonight! thanks!

He's not on any meds at the moment.. I never did find a solid medication that worked well for him. Thankfully our living environment for the past year was working well for him and his separation anxiety and aggressiveness seemed to settle out on its own.. getting worried this won't be the case when we move into our new place soon though, so he'll most likely have to go back on some type of med :(

AttysMom

Lairian
@AttysMom awhh hugs

Can you share a picture?
I'll try to get one tonight.. It doesn't look like much of anything though, especially after a new layer of skin has peeled off.. it's more that when I touch his chest I can feel its crazy dry- almost the way I'd expect a lizard to feel