Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

companion cat

paullangton1

Lairian
I am getting my first sphynx kitten next week, and it got me thinking about getting a companion cat for her, I was thinking a male oriental, around the same age.

Could I get you opinions, thanks.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing like having a partner in crime....I mean playmate for these babies. The biggest thing is to make sure you keep them separated in the beginning to insure they are healthy and that you are able to afford a growing family. We found out first hand 2 kittens (6 months apart) was a blessing as they tired each other out...lol.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I know the the female sphynx is getting natured today.
Both cats have been fully health checked,as both party's come from reputable breeders.
You always want to keep new family members separated for a few days and a vet check within 48 hours to be safe. Even reputable breeders can have URI's and bugs like Giardia in their breeding program. Good luck on your decision. :)

Welcome by the way!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sphynx will be fine with any breed. A kitten the same age would most likely be easiest as far as them getting along. :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair @paullangton1 and congrats and congrats with your soon to be new girl! Only a week to go till gotcha day, You must be so excited.

Having a partner in crime will be great for your little girl. I think sphynx can get along with all breeds. I know a lot of lairians do have a bengal and that breeds always sounds like a lot if fun to me. But it can be any other breed I think!

Back