Concerned about "Fading Kitten Syndrome"... | Sphynxlair

Concerned about "Fading Kitten Syndrome"...

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by MetalZealot, Apr 15, 2018.

1. MetalZealot

MetalZealotLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $49.15
    Ratings:
    +3
    Our girl (1 yr old) just recently had 4 kittens 3 weeks ago. While they all seem active, curious and vocal, I do have concerns for one of them.

While the other 3 seem to be filling out and wandering around and playing, 1 tends to sleep in a corner alone, and isn't generally too playful. He also is more slender in build, with his hips bones and spine poking out MUCH more than his siblings.

My wife and I have done some research into his symptoms, and stumbled across "Fading Kitten Syndrome", and while most of his signs fit, I'm not 100% convinced.

While he is much skinnier, he is eating quite regularly and doesn't have a problem with feeding. He's also responsive to our presence, and perks up and moves quickly when the mother enters. He's also quite vocal, probably the most vocal of all 4.
    All of these symptoms don't seem to fit the "fading kitten syndrome" bill, except for the "lethargic" behaviour.

I'm reaching out to anyone that can shed some light on if this is normal or not, and whether or not I should be worried. It's been a while since I've had to take care of kittens. Any help would be much appreciated!

I can also take pictures if needed.

• Hugs Hugs x 3

• Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $84,879.00
      Ratings:
      +9,611
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Black Sphynx
      @MetalZealot , welcome to the lair family
      ((hugs))) amd positive vibes
      I would give a call to your vet

@momdeeze may be able to chime in

• momdeeze

momdeezeSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $20,410.43
      Ratings:
      +902
      • Scary sphynx
      @MetalZealot In my experience with fading kitten syndrome they definitely stop eating so if your guy still has an appetite that is good news. Every litter I tell myself "one will always be the little one". Hopefully this guy will surprise you when they start eating solid food and will fill out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
      • Like Like x 1