Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cone of Shame

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Gabriel, about two weeks post-op for his mastectomy. Really annoyed with the cone of shame.

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

Inferno12

Banned
Awe, poor little dude. He is so cute. I love the look you get at the end. "do you mind mom? Im trying to clean myself!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Poor baby. A mastectomy on a male? What happened? I've known of females needing it but never of a male.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh that poor Gabe! Looks like he tolerated it pretty well. How long did it have to stay on him?

Inferno12

Banned
I put one of those on my bird one time and she FREAKED out! :Surprise::Surprise::Surprise::Surprise:

She had been picking her tail feathers and she needed to stop!

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's pretty rare for mammary tumors in a male cat, but it does happen. I took him to the vet when I found a pea-sized lump in his groin area, thinking it was a lymph node and perhaps he had an infection. She took one look, her face fell, and she told me we had to get him into surgery immediately.

He had one full mammary chain removed, plus the top and bottom glands on the opposite side. He spent four days at the 24-hour hospital in intensive care, and was finally stable enough to come home. It's been a long ride, but he's back to his usual happy, active self now, four months post-surgery. The pathology came back benign, which is practically unheard of. He's our little miracle boy!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Poor guy :Sad: But yes, miracle kitty :BigSmile: Love the song and the dirty look that he gives you at the end. It was funny cuz the spot he is trying to groom is juuuuuust out of reach, just a little, enough to drive him nutz. :LOL:

lawgrl

Lairian
OMG...too funny...not the dreaded Cone of Shame!

Right after "UP!" came out we took my husband's neice and nephew to see the movie and his neice (3 years old at the time) loved that part and woudl renact it for us but she called it the "Moan of Maine" (she couldn't quite pronounce the words yet)...so now I always think of that when I see "Cone of Shame"!:LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
OMG...too funny...not the dreaded Cone of Shame!

Right after "UP!" came out we took my husband's neice and nephew to see the movie and his neice (3 years old at the time) loved that part and woudl renact it for us but she called it the "Moan of Maine" (she couldn't quite pronounce the words yet)...so now I always think of that when I see "Cone of Shame"!:LOL:

Moan of Maine. :LOL:
I love it. I'm going to use that one.