Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Confessions/Vents

I need to vent about work for a second. Let me begin with I know that with the economy being the way it is right now and a lot of people out of work, I should be grateful to have a job to complain about, and I am. But...

I have a new boss and while he seems like a good guy, between he and one of the directors running things, the place has become so disorganized, no communication and my workload has gotten out of control.

No one in the building knows the system like I do. I am not bragging, I am not being a snot, it is a fact. I am told that often and this makes me the "go to person" when anything goes down, gets slow or "has an issue". Since the upgrade most of the issues are not with the system or software but they are with the users. try telling the users that. Some of them listen, others argue and say procedure needs to be changed, blah blah blah. The management above me does not understand how the software or the things work so always make commitments we can't deliver or say we can do things that systematically are impossible so I am always butting heads with them.

Problem is, my title has nothing to do with tech, support or implementation but I spend 98% of my time doing so because I can and I have demonstrated I can. I cannot keep up with my own work, I am drowning and having panic attacks. I am feeling depressed and anxious at the same time. This of course is spilling over to home and everyone is tired of hearing about it and I can't blame them.

I would love to look for another job, possibly venturing into what I am currently doing (not my actual role) however I do not have a degree or title in any tech. related field. I have been a sys admin and set up/ran a unix server, migrated and tore down old servers for a company, and have even taught the programmers of our current software some things with their own program that they said could not be done! In fact one of the project managers said they would hire me as they were looking for someone with my skill set but it would mean relocating to Montreal and 90% of the job is travelling as you go to other companies to support the software during start up, developments, etc. That wouldn't work for my family, so that is not an option. It is difficult to get someone to look past a title on a resume and to actually look at what I have done.

I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed. I cannot keep up with my work. I am having to let people go, train newbies in and try to keep up with everything I have to do plus support others. I need to hire another person and they don't want to let me right now. They want to bring in someone from one of our other sites that the other site doesn't want. Great.

Sometimes I just want to quit.....

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sending love and friendship to Gadzukz and Dreaming in Color.

You are both wonderful souls and deserve so much more. I hope things look up for the both of you soon.

Yet again I'm dominating the forum thingy but it just seems that nothing is going right. When my mom feel 2 weeks ago, she didn't just pull something, she broke her hip! And the doctor didn't notice until she came in the second time, then they did Xrays. So at 11am I get a call at work from my mom, saying that I need to come to the hospital and be with her. I rush over, and wait until 9pm for her surgery to start.

She walked around on a broken hip for 2 weeks!

And even though hip replacement isn't that severe, I couldn't stop crying because what if something went wrong?

Well it didn't as far as I know. The doctor called at 11pm to tell me that she was done. I'll go see her in a few minutes before I have to go to work for 8 hours, on 4 hours of sleep. Oh joy.

Everyone who has come to see her tells me to "be strong" because I keep crying. And I'm about ready to kill them, I've taken care of her since I was 13, that means no sleepovers, no weekend trips with friends, I didn't even have a honeymoon because she couldn't be alone. I've called ambulances when her blood sugar dropped, and I've forced her to drink orange juice, and now I'm being told be strong because for once I decide to show some emotion! :Cry:

So I got a new job, and mommy got a new hip.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am thinking that people just do not know what to say to comfort you. It sounds like you have been the strong one for many years, and when the "strong" one crumbles, people get nervous. You are amazing for doing all that you have for your mother. It's a lot of responsibility for such a young age. Sometimes you just need a good cleansing cry, so go ahead and have one........ or two:Laugh: and sometimes you need help, do you have siblings that can take some of the burden from you? I am so sorry about your mother, I am wishing her a speedy recovery!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I commend you for staying strong for so long. Crying is only a way of letting out emotion, it doesn't mean you are weak in any way. I can't imagine all you have had to worry about over the years.
I had to take care of my mom for 2 years back when I was 13 yrs old. She was diagnosed with cervical and ovarian cancer. It was tragic and the scariest thing I've ever experienced with my mom. Not only was I just learning about this part of my body due to my age but I was having to help my mom go through the hardest parts of disease that took over. Chemo - radiation and a 25% chance of living through it was what they told her. They cut her from hip to hip back then to remove the 17 lb ovaries(each) and 12 lb cervix. I've never seen a person green and in so much pain in my life. I'm the one who stayed home from school and helped her up and down, showers, toliet visits you name it. It was hard enough going through this for 2 years, I couldn't imagine doing it for any longer. I know I would have tho if needed. I applaud you. I know its hard. It is ok to cry, it shows your human. We all need a good cry from time to time. I too think maybe they are only saying "stay strong" because they don't know what else to say. I hope your mom makes a speedy recovery and thinks start to look up soon. **HUGS**

PS - My mom made a full recovery and is still with us today!!

Last edited:

spygirl

Banned
Ugh.... Some days I just want to wring my stupid brother-in-law's neck!!! :Angry:

So as I mentioned previously in this thread, my hubby's brother was staying with us. Well he found a job in Austin and was staying with us till he had enough money for his own place. Well the stupid *blankety blankety blank* got fired after 10 days because the moron breached the contract when he twittered about the stuff he was working on. The client asked him to be removed from the project and the company figured he was a liability and it was easier to just get rid of him. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

This was a job my husband had turned down and told the company his brother would be perfect for the job. So he effectively ruined Justin's reputation with these people in one blow. He has no portfolio, no job experience, nothing. So he basically ruined he's biggest chance to make a name for himself. And here's the real kicker... He didn't care! Acted like it was no big deal!!!

This all happened before Christmas. He finally went back to live with friends in Denton on January 1st. He then came back for a job interview on January 19th. Then we found out we needed to go to Mississippi, leaving on January 26th, so he just stayed with us. In between that time, he started going out with a lady he met at his previous place of employment. So here would be a usual night... He'd eat our food, drink my expensive tea, and then his new lady would pick him up at about 9:00 PM. And then we would have no idea when he'll be back. Sometimes its 2:00 AM other times its the next morning or the next day. So this means I have to be careful at where the animals are. Blue doesn't like him, so that means Blue has to be put up. And Frankie can't have run of the house for fear of him getting out. He left to go back to Denton as soon as we got back from Mississippi to get some more stuff. He'll be back Sunday so he can start his new job. Justin has decided that if he's going to live with us, then there will be no more of this random coming and going. And he has one month to find a place.

And now for the rant about the trip... The entire time he complained! The dogs stink, the cat is loud, the sun is too bright, he really doesn't want to do this, and blah, blah, blah. Finally Justin told him to shut up. And of course, he stayed with us in the hotel room. Talk about no privacy. Then on the last day, Sophie was peeing a lot and I feared a UTI. Both Justin and I were really worried (Sophie is his baby), so we stopped at every rest stop to let her pee. And of course he complained about that. Never offered to drive or pay for anything. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

I'm sorry this is so long and full of rambling. He's pushed me and Justin over the edge. Justin has told him after this, no more. I pretty much broke down and cried after he left because I was so glad to have the house back to ourselves. I'm trying to not make Justin feel bad (he worries about his brother a lot), but I'm getting to the end of it. And he's getting mad at how is brother is eating all my "pregnant" food and eating all the expensive chocolate Justin buys to make me feel better. Thanks for letting me ramble. I feel better now. :LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Ugh.... Some days I just want to wring my stupid brother-in-law's neck!!! :Angry:

So as I mentioned previously in this thread, my hubby's brother was staying with us. Well he found a job in Austin and was staying with us till he had enough money for his own place. Well the stupid *blankety blankety blank* got fired after 10 days because the moron breached the contract when he twittered about the stuff he was working on. The client asked him to be removed from the project and the company figured he was a liability and it was easier to just get rid of him. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

This was a job my husband had turned down and told the company his brother would be perfect for the job. So he effectively ruined Justin's reputation with these people in one blow. He has no portfolio, no job experience, nothing. So he basically ruined he's biggest chance to make a name for himself. And here's the real kicker... He didn't care! Acted like it was no big deal!!!

This all happened before Christmas. He finally went back to live with friends in Denton on January 1st. He then came back for a job interview on January 19th. Then we found out we needed to go to Mississippi, leaving on January 26th, so he just stayed with us. In between that time, he started going out with a lady he met at his previous place of employment. So here would be a usual night... He'd eat our food, drink my expensive tea, and then his new lady would pick him up at about 9:00 PM. And then we would have no idea when he'll be back. Sometimes its 2:00 AM other times its the next morning or the next day. So this means I have to be careful at where the animals are. Blue doesn't like him, so that means Blue has to be put up. And Frankie can't have run of the house for fear of him getting out. He left to go back to Denton as soon as we got back from Mississippi to get some more stuff. He'll be back Sunday so he can start his new job. Justin has decided that if he's going to live with us, then there will be no more of this random coming and going. And he has one month to find a place.

And now for the rant about the trip... The entire time he complained! The dogs stink, the cat is loud, the sun is too bright, he really doesn't want to do this, and blah, blah, blah. Finally Justin told him to shut up. And of course, he stayed with us in the hotel room. Talk about no privacy. Then on the last day, Sophie was peeing a lot and I feared a UTI. Both Justin and I were really worried (Sophie is his baby), so we stopped at every rest stop to let her pee. And of course he complained about that. Never offered to drive or pay for anything. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

I'm sorry this is so long and full of rambling. He's pushed me and Justin over the edge. Justin has told him after this, no more. I pretty much broke down and cried after he left because I was so glad to have the house back to ourselves. I'm trying to not make Justin feel bad (he worries about his brother a lot), but I'm getting to the end of it. And he's getting mad at how is brother is eating all my "pregnant" food and eating all the expensive chocolate Justin buys to make me feel better. Thanks for letting me ramble. I feel better now. :LOL:

This is the main reason I will never allow a friend to move in again or have a "room mate". It's really hard to make work. I feel for you. I can relate to your cries of relief when he leaves. I do the same when my boyfriends son leaves on weekends to go to his moms house. On the rare weekend that he will go. His son is ADHD and really knows how to push all of my buttons and then some. My cats don't let him pet them anymore, not sure why except maybe he doesn't wash his hands well enough?? IDK...my thoughts and prayers are with you tho. Hopefully all of this will be over soon. (((HUGS)))

It's not a rant, but my husband shampooed the carpets in our room when Alice yet again peed on the floor. I thought it was nice, he's usually quite lazy and ass like. Maybe he's learning?:BigSmile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Sounds like you and Justin just got a preview of raising a toddler and a teenager all at the same time. Chin up, you two are going to make excellent parents. :ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Okay I need to vent!

Again, about my boyfriend son. He has a book report due here soon and has to finish reading this book. Well he has over 100 pages left in this book and all I asked him to do was read 12 pages. This will complete out one chapter he is on and complete another. Big whoopty to do. He thinks that if he stalls long enough and tries to get to me settle for 7 pages then he is fine. WRONG. All I want him to do is succeed. This book will be followed by a book report, that HE has to write. This makes up 25% of his grade that he is already failing.
So my threat, to turn off the internet so he can't play his PS3 until all of his reading is done. 12 pages. So he has sat there and distracted me from home work for the past 50 minutes wasting time. He could have had this done and over with. He just keeps egging me on tho, telling me how he used to think his mom was mean and now here I come along and I'm meaner. I told him if I didn't care about him then I wouldn't say a word. I am the one taking him to his dentist appointments and attending parent teacher conferences. I don't see her doing any of it. Hell, half the time she doesn't even pick him up on the weekends and I have to sit here and listen to him yell at that friggin game all weekend. I'm just so sick of it. If my man didn't treat me good I'd be gone in a freakin heart beat. He has conversations with his son in hopes of him understanding that he has to listen to me but it goes in one ear and out the other. We will have a good days then all of a sudden another week of crap! I feel like a emotionally battered step mom! He brings up a rage in me that actually scares the life out of me. He is very lucky he is not my son. I believe in spanking and half of his attitude is his spoiled brattiness and the other half is his adhd. Who cares! He deserves to have his hind side lite the heck up! Maybe then next time he would remember who is boss!

I still do not feel better...but thanks for letting me rant. Just please keep sending prayers. It hurts so much that I do so much for him and all I get back is disrespect and told I am worse then his mother who is a low life!!!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Okay I need to vent!

Again, about my boyfriend son. He has a book report due here soon and has to finish reading this book. Well he has over 100 pages left in this book and all I asked him to do was read 12 pages. This will complete out one chapter he is on and complete another. Big whoopty to do. He thinks that if he stalls long enough and tries to get to me settle for 7 pages then he is fine. WRONG. All I want him to do is succeed. This book will be followed by a book report, that HE has to write. This makes up 25% of his grade that he is already failing.
So my threat, to turn off the internet so he can't play his PS3 until all of his reading is done. 12 pages. So he has sat there and distracted me from home work for the past 50 minutes wasting time. He could have had this done and over with. He just keeps egging me on tho, telling me how he used to think his mom was mean and now here I come along and I'm meaner. I told him if I didn't care about him then I wouldn't say a word. I am the one taking him to his dentist appointments and attending parent teacher conferences. I don't see her doing any of it. Hell, half the time she doesn't even pick him up on the weekends and I have to sit here and listen to him yell at that friggin game all weekend. I'm just so sick of it. If my man didn't treat me good I'd be gone in a freakin heart beat. He has conversations with his son in hopes of him understanding that he has to listen to me but it goes in one ear and out the other. We will have a good days then all of a sudden another week of crap! I feel like a emotionally battered step mom! He brings up a rage in me that actually scares the life out of me. He is very lucky he is not my son. I believe in spanking and half of his attitude is his spoiled brattiness and the other half is his adhd. Who cares! He deserves to have his hind side lite the heck up! Maybe then next time he would remember who is boss!

I still do not feel better...but thanks for letting me rant. Just please keep sending prayers. It hurts so much that I do so much for him and all I get back is disrespect and told I am worse then his mother who is a low life!!!!

I know this won't make things easier now, but someday that young man is going to recognize what you did for him and be greatful he had an adult in his life like you.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
wow- so much going on lately.. Sending lots of well wishes to Sianne, Kris, Gadzuks Christina, and Micah (hopefully i didn't miss anyone.. and if i did i'm very sorry.. it wasn't on purpose)...

I glad to see this thread has been such a useful thread for everyone!

A follow up to my vents would also be an explanation for my absence. Fiancee' and i ended up getting into a HUGE fight, i moved out in a rage and left for about 4 days. I ended up coming back home and we are steadily trying to work on thing.
Since Bronx-e has been diagnosed with terminal cancer my depression has been at the lowest i've ever experienced. I have allowed this negativity/depression to smoother my life. in the mist of my uncertainty, my sister and i decided to go see a psychic. perhaps some people wouldn't agree with that... but honestly i'm at SUCH a loss in life. needless to say she pulled up that i have no bio-children however my pets are my babies... she said "one died recently?" i said no, about a year ago.. she goes no... someone more recent.. i said that bronxe was "sick" her response was "cancer.... it'll be any day now" :Cry: I've prepared myself for this... and i'm not "counting him dead" just yet... but i know his end is near. He's been living with the cancer for 6 months- when the Dr only 'promised' us a month.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
wow- so much going on lately.. Sending lots of well wishes to Sianne, Kris, Gadzuks Christina, and Micah (hopefully i didn't miss anyone.. and if i did i'm very sorry.. it wasn't on purpose)...

A follow up to my vents would also be an explanation for my absence. Fiancee' and i ended up getting into a HUGE fight, i moved out in a rage and left for about 4 days. I ended up coming back home and we are steadily trying to work on thing.
Since Bronx-e has been diagnosed with terminal cancer my depression has been at the lowest i've ever experienced. I have allowed this negativity/depression to smoother my life. in the mist of my uncertainty, my sister and i decided to go see a psychic. perhaps some people wouldn't agree with that... but honestly i'm at SUCH a loss in life. needless to say she pulled up that i have no bio-children however my pets are my babies... she said "one died recently?" i said no, about a year ago.. she goes no... someone more recent.. i said that bronxe was "sick" her response was "cancer.... it'll be any day now" :Cry: I've prepared myself for this... and i'm not "counting him dead" just yet... but i know his end is near. He's been living with the cancer for 6 months- when the Dr only 'promised' us a month.

Hang in there, Klreese.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

What a pessimistic psychic! Kizzy didn't you tell me Bronxe was your miracle? I know he is! He has given you so much love, and stayed with you even longer then you expected him to. He knows you need him and when he does cross the bridge we will all be here for you. I hope you start feeling stronger soon, sweetie. In the meantime, lean on us

I've never considered if psycics are real or not, I just think that whatever makes you happy and helps you is what matters. I hope she's wrong, I hope you have a lot of time left with Bronx-e. :Cry:

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My turn.

Fred has CRF and diabetes. The insulin isn't working. We're checking for Somogyi, so we reduced his PZI by 50%. No change. One more day on that dose, if still no change we're doubling the old dose. He's eating, drinking, walking as best he can with his neuropathy. It's breaking my heart...and also EXHAUSTING.

Been having problems with my work computer for MONTHS. Today, it wouldn't boot up. So yes, I get the night "off" but also don't get paid...and with huge vet bills that's not happy.

Hub has decided this is his week to be utterly useless around the house. Right when I need someone to pick up a little slack so I can care for Fred, he chooses to go into "lay in bed all day" mode.

None of these are horrible problems. It's not that big a deal. I can pet my cats and smile. I think I'm just overly sensitive because one of my sweet furry best friends is fading away and nothing I do to help him seems to work.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

The psychic knows Bronxy is sick so she said that.
My sister went to one and everything they said was wrong.
NakedNinja I know how you feel.
My Coco was day to the at the end and my biggest fear was coming home and finding her dead.
It is complicated when a cat has more then one problem.
Coco had so many problems that we had to try many different meds.
I hope red feels better.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Naked Ninja- hoping the Dr finds something that will work for your baby.
I know ALL too well about the "Hubs" staying in bed all day.. all too well!

To everyone else: thank you all SO very much for the support. I can't say enough how great everyone has been. The only reason i would consider believing the psychic because she was right about SO much current stuff. I have had time to prepare myself for Bronx-e's passing (for when it comes). I will be devastated but will know it'll be his time. he's held on so long for me... and yes, he is my miracle kitty.

Christina- i'll PM you. I know some people, maybe most people don't believe and i don't want to offend anyone.
I felt she was pretty on point with my current issues and would recommend anyone to at least try it once it's entertaining to say the least.

Back