Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Confessions/Vents

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i follow another board and they always have a "confessions/vents" day.. and because i'm pretty irritated today i feel the need to have one of these!!

so here's mine:
Last night John and I paid for Pro Basketball tickets in advance (last week) for last nights game. On our way out the door to leave, John had this brillant idea to "quickly fix" the xmas lights above the garage door. he "checked the staple gun for staples" and STAPLED HIS HAND!!! So- needless to say our money was out the door because we ended up in the ER!
Today if our 5 yr anniversary, we had dinner plans. nothing special... but a night out. he spelt ALL DAY!!!! i tried to wake him- and i know he's probably in a lot of pain :)ThumbsDown:) BUT com'on!! get up and i'd cook dinner.. but no..... so that REALLY pee'd be off!!
I made holiday cookies and made some for some neighbors. well, one of the neighbor's don't celebrate holidays BUT it would have been more of a "thank you" for always keeping an eye on our house, etc sorta "gift"... but John feels it's odd to give the cookies to them- which i get.. but screw it!!! i'm giving them anyway!

BOTTOM LINE- JOHN is pi$$ing me off!!!

Ok- maybe i'm just REALLY upset about the anniversary thing lol....

So what's your confessions/vents???

Wow that really sucks.

I'm mad that Jon (my husband) keeps saying he'll help with Alice's wound cleaning. But then every time I ask him to come give me a hand he says "I can't, I have to go to work now" or "But I'm tired from work, do it later" so he doesn't help! So I'm trying to hold down Alice and clean her wounds and make her stay still. And then he talks about how good of care he takes of her! :Angry:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sianne- that is irritating!!
Jody- maybe being with someone wouldn't be so bad, as long as his name wasn't John/Jon

spygirl

Banned
Husbands can be such a pain sometimes. :Angry:

The hubby's little brother has been living with us for a week. Justin was offered a job and turned it down, so told his brother about it. Problem is, his brother hasn't worked in a year, so has hardly any money! He saved up from his last job and was able to take a year and do.... nothing. So we've been trying to help him out, but its starting to wear me down. He tells me my dog stinks, will complain about dinner in a passive aggressive manner, and complains about how now I have the hawks in the house. DEAL WITH IT! You're living with us, remember? Gah, he can't get an apartment soon enough!

And I have to say, I love you guys so much! I finally found a group of people who get me! :Hysterical:

Gizzymom

Banned
Husbands can be such a pain sometimes. :Angry:

The hubby's little brother has been living with us for a week. Justin was offered a job and turned it down, so told his brother about it. Problem is, his brother hasn't worked in a year, so has hardly any money! He saved up from his last job and was able to take a year and do.... nothing. So we've been trying to help him out, but its starting to wear me down. He tells me my dog stinks, will complain about dinner in a passive aggressive manner, and complains about how now I have the hawks in the house. DEAL WITH IT! You're living with us, remember? Gah, he can't get an apartment soon enough!

And I have to say, I love you guys so much! I finally found a group of people who get me! :Hysterical:

What's he gonna say when the naked cat gets there???:LOL::LOL:

And I hear ya, Micah... no judgements here!!!:ThumbsUp:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ugh!! i'd tell that Brother in law- you don't like my cooking either a- fix it your damn self.. or better yet- B- "GET OUT!! oh and Merry Christmas!" hahahaha

spygirl

Banned
Last night when he was complaining, I apparently had a large frying pan in my hand and was giving off a serious death glare. Needless to say, Justin did the dishes last night. :LOL:

Jody, I think you need to stay away from all men with "J" names. Those are the biggest pains apparently! :Hysterical:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Micah- i agree 110% w/ the "J" name thing!!!! i have always dated "J"s and have had nothing but issues LOL

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i follow another board and they always have a "confessions/vents" day.. and because i'm pretty irritated today i feel the need to have one of these!!

so here's mine:
Last night John and I paid for Pro Basketball tickets in advance (last week) for last nights game. On our way out the door to leave, John had this brillant idea to "quickly fix" the xmas lights above the garage door. he "checked the staple gun for staples" and STAPLED HIS HAND!!! So- needless to say our money was out the door because we ended up in the ER!
Today if our 5 yr anniversary, we had dinner plans. nothing special... but a night out. he spelt ALL DAY!!!! i tried to wake him- and i know he's probably in a lot of pain :)ThumbsDown:) BUT com'on!! get up and i'd cook dinner.. but no..... so that REALLY pee'd be off!!
I made holiday cookies and made some for some neighbors. well, one of the neighbor's don't celebrate holidays BUT it would have been more of a "thank you" for always keeping an eye on our house, etc sorta "gift"... but John feels it's odd to give the cookies to them- which i get.. but screw it!!! i'm giving them anyway!

BOTTOM LINE- JOHN is pi$$ing me off!!!

Ok- maybe i'm just REALLY upset about the anniversary thing lol....

So what's your confessions/vents???

What is spelt?

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have trouble with MY husband (not a "J" name) when it is time to cut the dogs' toenails!!! I can do the cats myself, but not the dogs! It makes me so mad, because he says, "We can do it tomorrow", then when tomorrow comes, he says "I'm tired"....:ThumbsDown: I told him to promise me that if I die before he does that he will take care of our pets!!!!:Angry:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Confessions : I need a crazy cat lady fix and have spent the last week or so looking at classifieds, even though I don't need any more.

Vents:
I'm tired of feeling like crap. Tired of being sick every week, I blame yankie cooties, I was never sick in England. :Angry:

Tired of being nice to people and being walked all over.

Last edited:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Max- haha no new jargin, just pee'd off typo's haha

havingalook- hope you feel better soon!! being sick sucks!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Micah- i agree 110% w/ the "J" name thing!!!! i have always dated "J"s and have had nothing but issues LOL

That's so true! My ex started with a J as well. The nut who tried to sue for visitation rights to the cats he hated.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have severe anemia again and have not had money for the meds so it got worse.
Sometimes I stay home because my pulse is so fast from the anemia that i have to sit down.
I have not been taking one of my asthma meds.
I am always very tired and get severe migraines a lot.
I wanted to scan my cats but the place wanted cash or check so they could not get scanned.
I have applied for at least 50 jobs and have not received any calls yet my sisters friends get hired and they have police records.
I even tried the food court at the mall.
They hire kids that play around and careless about the job.
I was told Wrinkles has a kinked tail by a judge and she was dqued when there is nothing wrong with her tail.
Wrinkles is still not well that is why I am not posting holiday pics of her.
This year has really sucked.
I am blasted for trying to save Coco.
Her vet bill was over $5000 for the year but I do not regret trying to save her.
My husband has a rare leukemia that has been in remission.
People will not shake his hand because the leukemia.
To the people asking for donations I would help if we had the money and hate not being able to help.
I wanted the HCM calendar but could not buy it this year.
If anyone has suggestions for jobs please tell me.
My husband says I care more about the cats then him.
Sorry for posting all this.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Oh perfect timing for this thread!

Man Rant: My bf Bill is a lovely man and I love him dearly. However, there are time when I would cheerfully push him down a flight of stairs. I do 95% of all the cooking and house work. This is a huge bone of contention with me. I ask him to do something simple like "put detergent in the dishwasher and turn it on while I'm out." I get home 4 hours later and guess what? Not done.

He'll walk over a pile of cat puke rather than clean it up.

Says he doesn't have money to spend on Christmas stuff but manages to buy himself a new netbook.

Life Rant: I do not like the career I've fallen into. I'm a recruiter for an IT consulting firm. I deal with over-paid, egocentric IT consultants who think they are too good to fill out a form or get invoices in on time. If it wasn't for the amazing medical benefits (I have a few cronic illnesses that require a stupid amount of drugs to control), I'd be out of here in a flash. Unfortunately I'd never be able to afford the meds without the benefits.

You guys all rock ... there aren't many places where I can say this stuff ... and it feels good to let it out.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hate my boss, like loathe. I have a nice federal job and am thinking of quitting because the stress of working under this lady is making me sick. I have an appointment to get anxiety meds because I seriously cannot cope with her much longer.

I obsessively look at pet classifieds all day everyday. I always have it is a litte thing I do to help with stress but it is getting crazy how often I check craigslist.

I am getting sick, again.

I hate my ex and am sick of dealing with him and turned him into crime stoppers because I know he has a warrant out for his arresst. Merry Xmas.

My child is supposed to have surgery on the 30th but I am pretty sure I am going to cancel it because I am scared.

My sister took my French Bulldog to her house because I have had 3 months of non stop potty training issues, she hasn't gone in her house once, but immediatly squatted upon her return into my house.

I could write for years.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
You asked for it

I've been unemployed since Jan 6th and I'm stressing out because the only jobs I can find are an hour or more away and we only have one working vehicle that is going to die any day now so I cant commit to a job that is so far away..not to mention my boyfriends son's school is 30 minutes away and we have to drive him to school each day and pick him up because the buses don't come this far out. So we spend $70 a week in gas for school each week, please refer to the ADHD thread for my rants on that kid...gah

So I cant find a job, my unemployment is OUT on Jan 6th unless they get this extension passed thru the house here soon and I'm not even sure it will apply to me because the extension is only for individuals who were unemployed by "this date"..whatever that will be.

I cant afford to get my van fixed so it forces me to drive my boyfriend to work, then back home, then kid to school, then back home, leave again later to get kid and then boyfriend..I feel like a freakin chafuer, I clean the house, I do the dishes, I cook dinner, I take care of the cat kids, I attend my online school

I have 3 kids who live with my ex husband, I haven't seen them since Halloween, they told me they dont want anything to do with me, my ex husband got remarried in July and its been a constant struggle and the kids have been pulling away every since. They have been told things that are not true and because I'm so broke and can not provide birthday presents or christmas presents they wont come over anymore and refuse my calls, i cant even afford a lawyer to enforce my visitation. I'm totally heart broken and just want it to all end.

My mom will be home in NC all by herself this year for christmas because my dad is going to michigan to be with his mom since grandpa died last year on dec 28th,,so the whole family is rushing to be with her as they should but I feel bad that my mom will be all alone this year.

My boyfriend and I are not celebrating christmas this year, we have a tree with a dozen candy canes and some lights on it but no presents, not getting anything for anyone, its upsetting to me. I always managed to atleast spend $10 on everyone, a little something but not this year. No kids for christmas this year, no presents, none of my family around, its all so depressing.

did I mention the ADHD thread ---argh - I can't even get started on it - totally annoyed.

I think im done now.

Back