Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Constant tummy issues!!!

DollyTheSphynx

Lairian
Any help would be really appreciated.
We have had constant issues with my dear Poppy's tummy.
When I got her i thought she had giardia, which she then passed on to Dolly. When I had them tested they had colitis, giardia and tritrichomonas. They were both treated with anti biotics and were tested again and were both clear.
Poppy has since suffered on and off with soft stools and mucus and blood in her poo.
She has recently had two injections for inflammation in her intestines which has helped settle it for a week or so and then the blood and mucus comes back again.
Has anyone got any history of this and have any advice as I am reaching the end of my tether and have run out of ideas.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi there.

It could be protein allergies; chicken allergies are not uncommon.

It could also be diet related. What are you feeding now? Have there been any changes?

Have you tried pumpkin (not the pie filling but real puree pumpkin)?

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sphynx seem to have issues with allergies a lot, especially food allergies.
I would have her checked for everything she can be allergic to.
Then, there is the IBS. Have you discussed this with your Vet?
Another thing, switching foods often, will keep their stomach upset.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sph6nx, like humans, can develop allergies later in life. Perhaps a switch to a different protein but realize tummy Wil be upset for a while during transition.

deanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I also agree what @Xandria has mentioned above. When you start transitioning into another food make sure its very gradual and it wouldnt hurt to give them small servings of pumpkins with their food or even as treats. Best of luck!

Back