Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Oliver1992

Lairian
Good morning everybody!

My poor boy is constipated.
He’s currently fed wet and dry royal canin food
He’s always been fine on this. Every mow and then he may go for a day without a poop, this time he’s not been for two days.
He has a vet appointment today in an hour or so but just wondered if anybody else has every had a Sphynx who gets constipated?

It’s always a worry in case he’s eaten something he shouldn’t have etc.

I’ll see what the vet says but I just wondered what advice is regarding diet and supplements to help prevent this.
He is his usual playful self and there is nothing that would cause concern apart from the missing litter box presents!!

Many thanks

Oliver

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Will be looking for your update. If it is truly constipation, some find a tablespoon of pure pumpkin not pie filling can help some stay more regular.
9661c91549dc239ce76b18e5f42cea1f.jpg

Oliver1992

Lairian
Will be looking for your update. If it is truly constipation, some find a tablespoon of pure pumpkin not pie filling can help some stay more regular.
9661c91549dc239ce76b18e5f42cea1f.jpg
Hi there! Thank you very much for your reply.
His vet appointment was good. She said she could feel the stool in his tummy etc. Gave us laxatives to try etc. She also gave him an enema, when he got home a humongous poop was produced so I’m relieved. All looked normal too, not dry as you would expect.
She said he’s in good health and checked him over. He went straight to his food bowl and started to chow down on his favourite wet food so I’m rather relieved now :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
So happy to see this update! These stinkers certainly keep us on our toes.

Oliver1992

Lairian
So happy to see this update! These stinkers certainly keep us on our toes.
They certainly do!
I just thought this is longer than I would like to leave it. Thankfully my vet is open on a Saturday and they all are obsessed with my cat haha!
he has had his laxatives and is eating normally again etc
All seems well!