Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Continental Airlines lost my new sphynx and a sheltie puppy then found them 2.5 hours

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Everyone,
My new sphynx was lost by Continental Airlines.
We got to the airport and they said to come back in 20 minutes because the plane was just landing.
We go back to get her and they agent tells us there were no pets on the plane.
My sphynx and a sheltie puppy our missing.
They bother came through Houston.
They say they checked the plane ,tarmac and baggage area.
The agent calls Houston trying to see if they ever were on the flight.
They do not know anything.
I tell her breeder what is going on and she calls Houston and they tell her maybe she did not make the flight because the other flight came in late.
The flight to Houston was only 12 minutes late and the other flight to Sacramento is around 2 hours later.
They tell the ramp service man to go check the plane again and he says they are not on the plane.
My husband asks if we can check the baggage area ourself so they go check again.
My kitten and the puppy are found in a corner away from everything.
The breeder of the puppy tells the lady they shipped her to that they know she left Houston for sure and the puppy has to be in Sacramento.
The breeder of my new sphynx said she has never had anything like this happen before and this wa her first time using Continental and she does not plane on using them again.
She uses Delta but there not any flights right now.
Her breeder sent 3 sphynx and mine was the only one missing.
I am so mad at the airline right now.
If the ramp serviceman did his job right there would not be a big mess.
They say he will be written up for this mistake.
Jacky

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Re: Continental Airlines lost my new sphynx and a sheltie puppy then found them 2.5 h

[BLEEEEEEP]

How terrifying for you and the baby!
Gosh, anyone could've taken them.
He truly deserves to be written up

But now, I'm **so happy** that little Winkled Velvet finally made it you and your family.
I pray she is doing well and that she is in your arms right now

{hugs}
Shana

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Re: Continental Airlines lost my new sphynx and a sheltie puppy then found them 2.5 h

boy this will be a story for the baby book :Dizzy:

Brooke

Banned

OMG, that's terrifying! It's one thing for an airline to lose your luggage...clothes and toothbrushes are replaceable, but not our pets!

So glad it got worked out...whew. :Sweat: How is your little girl??

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I am so glad they were found and that they were both safe. You definitely handled it the right way being persistent in having them check.

I cannot believe that they were so careless. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Finally, your family can get to know your new baby!

GobsGobblins

Lairian

I am so sorry to hear about this mess Jacky! It is a shame that your special day with your new baby got messed up because of someone not doing their job correctly. That is terrible!!!! but I am glad she is safe with you now :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Thanks Everyone,
I was so pissed last night and ended up with a bad migraine.
The kitten is fine except she is sneezing now.
Her breeder said I can use Clavamox.
The vet said to wait and if it turns into anything then she will give clavamox.

CoolSphynx

Lairian

Jacky, do you use lysine as an immune supplement for any of your kitties? maybe it can help little miss wrinkled velvet? our vet recommended I mix a 250mg capsule contents into wet food when I get new kitties (fosters) for the first 2-3 weeks, because the stress of a move can tax the immune system. Dobby gets lysine gel (he won't eat wet food) daily b/c he is an old man:BigSmile:.... side note, it is also very helpful for feline herpes viruses (which can cause respiratory symptoms, not an STD here)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I use the past L Lysine.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member

Holy **** what A bunch of screw ups! Thank god you stayed and pushed them:ThumbsUp:
So glad everyone is safe! And we can not wait to hear all about her!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

As soon as I catch up on emails from all my lists I will post some picturs of her.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Well I think you are handling this marvelously. If it had happened to me I would be on the 10 o'clock news with a big picture of me attacking someone. Can't wait to see the new baby though :Laugh:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

That' s horrible! It isn't rocket science to look at & read a tag!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Thanks Everyone,
My husband used to work for a airline and he asked them if they checked the baggage area and they said they had 2 times.
Then how were they missed.
What BS!!!!!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Scary. They misplaced my luggage this Summer. Misplacing a bag I can understand but losing a living, breathing animal... :Sad:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

You are clamer than me cause i would look like Homer Simpson stranging Bart on the the News while the police were using stun guns and pepper spray on me if it had been Harley..Thank God they found her and She is gona be fine.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

We are waiting for them to call us back.
What if he was somewhere that was cold?
I am glad she was found inside.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

M2M, I first read about your airline fiasco in yahoo sphynx rescue, so I'm so glad to hear that your kitty and the little dog are now safe! I think the airlines should be a lot more careful with animals who are being shipped...they should be treated more like passengers and not like cargo!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I posted about what happened just in case it happens to some one else on the SBEN and Sphynx Friends lists.
Idid not post on the breeders list though.
The pet airline that everyone talks about does not come out here.
It only goes to So Cal.
Who posted it in a rescue group?
I am not in that group.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Who posted it in a rescue group?
I am not in that group.

Oops, sorry about that....I looked at the emails again and it was posted by you in the sphynxnewslettersubscribers group, not the rescue group. I get so many emails from both groups, I sometimes get them confused with each other!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Its ok I get so many emails also.

Back