Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cooked Meat for Snacks?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello,

I'm still in the process of learning, so please bare with me. I had a thought while I was cooking tonight...

I make almost all my meals from scratch and am an omnivore. I also love cooking and food prep.

I was wondering if it's okay to feed a Sphynx a little cooked meat on occasion. i.e. I primarily eat bison, grain fed beef and free range chicken. Can I cook a little (without spices etc.) in a small pan for a Sphynx (I don't have one yet, but am in the process)?

I plan on implementing a raw food diet for my future naked.

Thank you for your responses.

Cheers,

Xandria

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I give some cooked beef / chicken as a treat and have never had a problem.

I would only do it if there was no sauce/seasoning on it though. I do it while I'm cooking so they don't get into the habit of trying to steal from my plate :)

If you are looking for some healthy treats that work well with a raw diet check out freeze dried treats. We feed freeze dried 100% salmon, duck and chicken.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, cooked with no spices is fine. Just a small amount. Mine also eat cooked eggs for a treat when I make them, and they are on raw. Every couple months I will cook a few salmon fillets, cool and debone them, then chop them up (including skin). It goes in the freezer in tiny bags for extra treats, or when I need to encourage them to eat.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you so much. Great ideas. Good idea about "treating" while making dinner (and not while you're trying to eat) ;-)

I had a Norwegian Forest cat that LOVED food a bit too much (caught him eating soup right off the stove pot), and we lived with my mother for a while. I warned her NOT to leave any meat out on the counter. Sure enough, she did, and we both walked in on my boy reaching up (he was very big) with his paw, grabbing the raw chicken breast and happily pulling it onto the floor.

But I digress.

Good to know they can eat eggs too. And I like the idea of both making your own treats as well as using freeze dried.

Thank you again!!! What a font of information this place is!!(y)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello, again. I was just chopping up some bison for goulasch this afternoon and was again thinking... what about raw. Could I slip a Sphynx some raw aged bison or beef as a snack? I'm not sure if raw aged meat is okay for these little nakeds. Thanks for any further info.

Lindsay4030

Lairian
Hello,

I'm still in the process of learning, so please bare with me. I had a thought while I was cooking tonight...

I make almost all my meals from scratch and am an omnivore. I also love cooking and food prep.

I was wondering if it's okay to feed a Sphynx a little cooked meat on occasion. i.e. I primarily eat bison, grain fed beef and free range chicken. Can I cook a little (without spices etc.) in a small pan for a Sphynx (I don't have one yet, but am in the process)?

I plan on implementing a raw food diet for my future naked.

Thank you for your responses.

Cheers,

Xandria
My baby is alittle over 10 weeks she's on royal canin kitchen wet & royal canin kitten dry as well. Wet twice daily & dry lays out all day for free eating. I Also make a little side tray of scrambled with 1 egg cooked to go with her breakfast . She loves it.

Back