Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coping

NovaLokiCairo

Lairian
Earlier this year, I unexpectedly lost my Loki.
It was so random that I really didn’t know how to cope with it, neither did my other two naked babies. His loss occurred in boarding because the people there did not take care of them. My other two left very sick but eventually recovered.
Since then, I’ve had a serious fear of anything happening to my girls. I come home from work at random times to check on them. I take them to the vet for any sniffle and follow up several times. I DREAD having to leave them for any work trips (I’m in the military). My cats are absolutely essential for my mental health as they help me with all of my ups and downs.
I actually haven’t been on this group site since Loki died because I couldn’t bear it.
My girls took it especially hard because he was the glue that held the tribe together. Now, neither one of my girls connect with each other. One is super playful and loves to be active while the other is more reserved. They’re rarely nice to each other. It’s to the point that I caught one of them growling in their sleep to what I assumed was a dream about the other. Lol.
I guess I’m looking for support on how to still cope with it all.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry that you lost your baby and I know how hard it is to cope. You might look into getting a video camera to alleviate your stress and feeling you need to go home to check on them...it is also great added security for the home. We have a few of them but you could get away with just 1 where they normal spend their time while you are gone. You look in through your phone and you can even talk so they hear you and move so you don’t just see lumps under blankets etc lol.

Know you are not alone...we all handle loss differently and some days re harder than others no matter how much time passes by. @NovaLokiCairo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
I agree with the camera idea. I have found even on days I just need some emotional comfort from a hard day at work I like to look at the video feed to see my girl sleeping soundly. You say they help your mental health, I think the camera would be s great tool.

I’m terribly sorry for the ordeal you all experienced. Someday if you are ready to talk about what happened I (we) are here to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NovaLokiCairo ((comforting hugs)))) and head smooches to the girls . I am so so sorry your Loki got his angel wings.
know that you have a lair full of support and understanding here...
I am glad you reached out to us... we are here for you always..
The girls obvious miss their bestie Loki.... I truly believe animals grieve too especially when there was a close bond.
when I lost my Yoda girl suddenly years ago, I tried to keep positive vibes around the others.
they do pick up on our emotions. I kept a little treat jar on my nightstand and a bedtime soft cuddles and a treat..

I found the wonderful support of the lair members and knowing I wasn't alone helped me cope. we come together here on the sphynx journey through the times of smiles and times of loss.
I never got over her loss .. I got through it holding tight to the best of times.

Loki only knew your love

hugs n head smooches to the girls and
thank you soo much for your service

Attachments

• IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 44

Lunaclaire

Lairian
It’s so painful — I’m so sorry you lost your baby. It sounds like you are being a fantastic parent to your two girls. A video camera does seem like a great idea! It sounds like your girls are in their own grieving process too, time is sometimes the frustrating healer of our wounds.

Caseypit

Lairian
Earlier this year, I unexpectedly lost my Loki.
It was so random that I really didn’t know how to cope with it, neither did my other two naked babies. His loss occurred in boarding because the people there did not take care of them. My other two left very sick but eventually recovered.
Since then, I’ve had a serious fear of anything happening to my girls. I come home from work at random times to check on them. I take them to the vet for any sniffle and follow up several times. I DREAD having to leave them for any work trips (I’m in the military). My cats are absolutely essential for my mental health as they help me with all of my ups and downs.
I actually haven’t been on this group site since Loki died because I couldn’t bear it.
My girls took it especially hard because he was the glue that held the tribe together. Now, neither one of my girls connect with each other. One is super playful and loves to be active while the other is more reserved. They’re rarely nice to each other. It’s to the point that I caught one of them growling in their sleep to what I assumed was a dream about the other. Lol.
I guess I’m looking for support on how to still cope with it all.
I'm so sorry for your loss

Back