Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Corn Litter

Pixel

Lairian
So we’ve had Pixel for a week now and totally adore the little monkey. For the first two days he used his litter tray with the wood pellets the breeder gave us but then on days 3 and 4 we had several instances where he pee’d and pooped outside the box and in his bed. We made sure his litters were clean so on day 4 we added a 2nd box with corn litter and so far he’s been using that just fine. My only question is do I need to be concerned with him ingesting any of the corn as I saw him clean his paws afterwards? Our breeder suggested not using clay litter with the kitten in case he ate it so we opted for low dust corn. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t have experience with corn litter. I am sure cats ingest all litters in small quantities because they are always grooming themselves. From what I have read it is safe unless they are intentionally eating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have used corn litter with Walter since I brought him home (3 months) without any issues. Congratulations on your adorable baby!

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Pixel Are you still using the corn litter? Walter has a yeast infection on his skin, and several members of this forum have mentioned that it could be from the corn litter. I plan to try some different litters to see if that clears up his skin. I was just wondering how your baby is doing.

Pixel

Lairian
We still have the corn litter but I’ll be honest I’m finding him using the other cats litter robot more and more with regular low dust clumping litter so I’m thinking to switch him over. I haven’t noticed anything on his skin (other than marks from my other cat as he’s relentless in tormenting her) but I’m also lucky he loves baths and hops in mine almost every other day so maybe that helps. Thanks for the heads up on the yeast infections from corn litter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back