Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Corners

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Ever since I brought our lovely Magi home I have noticed something odd about her. She meows at corners.
Any corners.
She will get as high up into a corner as she can go and the meow and paw at it. She does this to all the corners of the apartement and some of the corners of the funiture.
I don't know why she does it or what she thinks will happen if she meows at the corners. None of my other cats do it. I'm curious as to why she does this...any clues?It's like she thinks they talk back. My sphynx is hearing voices people! :LOL:
As funny as it would look, I don't think Magi would like a kitty straitjacket.
:Wink:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butterball does something similar. He'll go into another room and meow very loudly. I think it's because he wants to play. Sometimes it sounds like he's crying.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Corners are where bugs tend to gather, especially spiders. It could be she's watching teeny spiders that you don't even see. Or a little spider web. Or maybe she's seeing spirits.

My domestic short hair Sayuri does this too, and I've never known why. Granted, Sayuri is mostly blind and going deaf so I can't even guess....:BigSmile:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Don't worry they are protecting you from the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hounds_of_Tindalos"]Hounds of Tindalos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I'm convinced the cats keep them from appearing through the angles

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Do you have a lot of hard surfaces? Maybe she likes the "echo". Blue always stands in the 2 spots that echo and YOWLS! The only thing I can figure out is maybe they're talking to themselves? lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Maybe she see's dead people! Not trying to creep you out but Im a big believer in the afterlife and spirits and I've had cats at every house I've lived in. The one house that I know for a fact was haunted,,my cat would always do atleast one strange thing in a single day. One of my kitties, "Casey", she actually stayed a nervous wreck in that house and became mean, she would attack us and my daughter (at the time she was only 4yrs old) without provoction, but I had to rehome her with a family that had no kids. She would jump frantically into the air like she was trying to attack something and there was NOTHING THERE! However, in photos, she was chasing orbs and in one photo you could see the image of a man in the floor. WIERD!!

I agree with Christina. I think animals and children can see things that often we as adults just can't see. Perhaps you have "something" in your house that Magi just wants to play with!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Not to sound too weird, but I truly believe there are ghosts. My dog used to bark at nothing. And a realy good friend, a police officer found his daughter levating over the bed. I wouldn't have believed it but I knew all the family. Their daughter was my daugther's best friend. When my daughter was 13 we had all this weird stuff happen. As strange as it sounds I lit a candle and prayed in her bedroom that whatever was in there went away. It did, and honestly we lived through a year of total hell and then it was over. BTW I am not a nut.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I always thought they were receiving transmissions from the Mother Ship as they prepare to take over the world and enslave mankind.

Back