Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cornish Rex

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have never seen a Cornish Rex but neighbour has Devon Rex’s n there so simialar to spynexs, there so cute with very lovely personalities! I know one of hers had real dirty eyes but she just cleans them daily! But it all depends on the individual cat! That’s lovely ur going to adopt a kitty! Xx

This is a cornish rex.. Not the one I'm planning on getting but to me they look like a sphynx with hair..lol And their personalty sounds so much like a sphynx as well.

Yes the date I have planned is 8/19. I'm excited but I'm just hoping my other kitties will like her. So I'm a little worried. Maiev was so funny when I got Arthas she just wanted to play with him and he wanted nothing to do with her at first. But they are inseparable now.. So I'm hoping she will fit right in, my son fell in love with the picture of Mina and he's 14. :) Plus I'm still glad my kids will be home (no school yet) with her for the few weeks when my hubby and I are at work.

Any suggestions on the introduction?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Missymayhem , I have adult adoptees
Always recommend a wellness check appointment with vet set up ahead of time for gotcha day or day after is good to bring s poo sample - good way to geta base line

I tend to go real slooow with intros but that's me

I set up a kitty "safe " room - spare bedroom or bathroom - I try help to ward off stress related URI -
Use same litter v, type of litter box and food as previous home for the time being and slow transition
The previous owners have always given me their food to take for slow transition

cross scent hand towels , bedding , amd use a cat dancer toy under the door for my tail plat then sniff meet n greets with treats to both sides

I up it to a baby gate held in place with my foot ( lengthwise up) and do meet n greets treats

I swap free roaming amd rooms they can explore on their own

Then after a week leave the kitty room door open ( cat tree temporsry in the kitty took acts a a good perch to watch from A distance )

This way kitty can come out at own comfort level
I stand by with two Dabird pole toys to do mutual play when they come face to face on neutral turf living roo,
Help breaks tension nervousness

I go at their comfort level
Leave on a positve note , separate , and do this several times a day
I make sure the kitty room door is open so kitty can retreat till he or she builds confidence

Sometimes kitties get along right away other times a little more love and time

So exciting for you and your family !
Any pics?

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is a cornish rex.. Not the one I'm planning on getting but to me they look like a sphynx with hair..lol And their personalty sounds so much like a sphynx as well.
So cute they look exactly like a Devon Rex, I love there curly hair!

This is her. :) And I will have to figure something out, my house isn't that big. I'll her go in my son's room or something...haha But thank you @yodamom for the advice. :D