Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coronavirus

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It's very sad what's happening. I watched a Spanish doctor on youtube yesterday. They're having to decide who gets a respirator. At least in one hospital, patients over 65 have had their ventilator taken away. They let them talk to their family by phone to say their goodbyes, then they sedate them. It wasn't clear if they die from the sedatives or from the symptoms of the disease.

In Italy the age was even lower - 60.

I watched an interview on TV with an American doctor who explained what happens if you don't have a respirator. He said it's like being on a treadmill that's inclined to the steepest level and trying to run. He said after a while your heart would be working so hard to keep up you would have a heart attack. So I hope those poor people are dying from the sedatives without having to go thru a heart attack.

Sheldon13

Staff member
It's very sad what's happening. I watched a Spanish doctor on youtube yesterday. They're having to decide who gets a respirator. At least in one hospital, patients over 65 have had their ventilator taken away. They let them talk to their family by phone to say their goodbyes, then they sedate them. It wasn't clear if they die from the sedatives or from the symptoms of the disease.

In Italy the age was even lower - 60.

I watched an interview on TV with an American doctor who explained what happens if you don't have a respirator. He said it's like being on a treadmill that's inclined to the steepest level and trying to run. He said after a while your heart would be working so hard to keep up you would have a heart attack. So I hope those poor people are dying from the sedatives without having to go thru a heart attack.

Oh that is heart wrenching to read. Why can’t China lend some respirators since they are now recovering?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well, I’m not usually a drinker. I’d say I have a glass of wine every few months. In the past two weeks though I’ve had it almost every day.
I like to drink when I'm out with friends. I think I got it from working long hours and getting home late. When the heck was I going to kick back? LOL. Now I work from home but I don't even think about it.

What I'm thinking of buying is a bottle of irish cream because it's yummy :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I think many are finding comfort in drinking/food is a norm now. It is important to be able to admit it so we all do not feel alone. It is reality. I saw some memes on FB saying what are the kids of today going to grow up to be ...they are home schooled by daytime drinkers. Hubby and I never really keep much but frozen veggies in our freezer...now we have meat ...shock. Tonight we took comfort in a frozen pizza and I added the last bits of a jalapeño pepper...it was yummy...and opened a bottle of red wine. When we hunkered in I committed to not wasting food...and so far so good. I am being creative on how to use ever bit possible. I know I will forever Try not to,waste any resources...sucks it took this pandemic to kick me in the butt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The Florida Governor today finally decided to tell everyone to stay home except for essentials. By now businesses have had the sense to put employees to work from home, restaurants have been delivery/pickup only, etc.

I feel like it was all about keeping tourists around for as long as po$$ible .....this is Florida so that is our main source of revenue. Now that tourist season is over he can make believe like he cares about the citizens.

There are 4 cruise ships off the coast of Florida that are asking permission to dock. At least a couple of passengers have already died and some have developed pneumonia. Ahhhhh but the Governor says no except for a few passengers that live in Florida. That is how much he cares. Even Trump, King of Avarice & Greed, thinks all the passengers should be saved.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh...I do feel like it was very long time for the mandate to finally be announced in FL. Every state is on a different curve...and it affects us all. Stay well.

Sheldon13

Staff member
2dc3a69e49ceb88d3050d9ab6efca73e.jpg

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I don't know what we are allowed to share here, but I got some first hand information so here goes.

I do a little bit of work for a physician network and this morning I was talking to the utilization director so I asked about Covid-19. Many of their medical centers have switched to telehealth instead of seeing patients in person. I was told that the doctors WANT to go back to their offices, but they don't have enough PPE. This is just mindblowing. They specialize in the elderly Medicare population so even worse.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
My sister woke up this morning with what she thinks is a tick bite...classic bullseye around the spot. She is a wreck having to see a doc but knows she needs to to avoid Lyme Disease. She has herself all worked up about not wanting to go to the office...they called back and said they are trying to set up a Zoom video appt today...so yes it’s true!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ugh I have to go to the office tomorrow to get the mail. I’ll be wearing gloves and a mask the whole time. I don’t care if the CDC says we don’t need them. And then gelling when I get in the car. And then dumping my clothes in the washer when I get home and then showering.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 , are you going to leave the mail in the garage for a day or so?
with my moms kitty sick and my dogs to vets today, I glove up, no mask and lots of gel and spray my shoes too!

someone watched a lady all gloved up and mask then rummaged in her purse for keys and then back to handle grocery bags and rummaging thru the bags. a passerby shopper said, what's the point, she is touching her keys and everything else with dirty gloves

Sheldon13

Staff member
A beautiful thing is I’m a nurse first and foremost so I have the know how to avoid cross contamination. The mail I’m getting tomorrow contains patient records. So I will copy them to my computer that I bring with me and then put the originals in a locked cabinet. Then I wipe down my computer and the area around it with disinfectant. Then I change my gloves to new ones for exiting the building. Then gel in the car up to the elbows. It’s quite the process.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very amusing! But where’s Pixie’s entry?
There is one. Depending on what I do today, there might be another today. I try to let them have turns, but the chickens tend to get up to more mischief than the cats!!
I plan to get the trailer out of the woods today, so maybe Pixie gets to ride in the car with me.

@Condo commando Yep. They were called Black & Decker first... but they have no respect for authority and strut around attacking the cat. So they became Thelma and Louise.
If I ever end up getting the Ayam Cemani I want (A Cockerel and a hen) they might be Black & Decker, dunno yet. (Ayam Cemani are black through and through. Feathers, skin, meat, eggs -- everything.)

Back