Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coughing or Wheezing?

BynxTheSphynx

Lairian
Bynx has always coughed or wheezed, at least even since I can remember. I'm actually not sure what to call it? He extends his neck and makes this god awful noise. I have tried to watch videos of cat's coughing or wheezing but none of them sound the same. I am just worried it could be HCM. I have read coughing is a rare symptom, but I can't wrap my head around what it is. He doesn't cough everyday, or even every week. He does it maybe like once a month, some weeks more than others. In the past couple weeks he's done it twice. He has had watery eyes before, but my friend (vet nurse) has said it's just allergies and there isn't much to do. His eyes have been better recently though. If your babies have cat asthma, does this sound familiar? Last time I took him to the vet (because he was puking and not going potty) they took an x-ray of this stomach/chest and found nothing. I am hoping if something was wrong with his heart they would have said something.

KwaziCat

Lairian
Eva is doing the same exact thing. But I'm (for now) attributing it to her recent spay and intubation. I really don't know what else could cause it, and I am hoping it ends for both our babies.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My furry cat has asthma and this sounds like what he does. He goes to the vet every once in awhile and gets a depo medrol shot, then he is fine for another 6mths or so.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like asthma or allergies - do you have a video? You can add Youtube vids here, just paste the URL. A vet visit is most likely needed - here is a clip of an asthma attack.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It sounds like asthma or allergies - do you have a video? You can add Youtube vids here, just paste the URL. A vet visit is most likely needed - here is a clip of an asthma attack.

Yup that's what my asthmatic Fat Gary does.

Hayley ebborn

Lairian
My cat has been doing exactly what that cat in the video is doing everyday for the last 3 days I believe it's very loud and sounds bad

Back