Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Could it get any harder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

susi794

Staff member
This afternoon I had to say goodbye to my chocolate Dalmatian and old friend, Buck. We've been best friends for a whole lot of years, but he let me know today that he was not going to be able to see me through another Christmas. Life around here seems profoundly different without my Buckleberry Hound.:Cry:
It's Christmas time and I am supposed to be happy, but It's 5:00 in the morning and I can't sleep...I'm so damn sad. :Cry::Cry:
Two animals in two days! I can't believe this is all happening! The emotional toll is tough enough to handle but then to add insult to injury, I was already feeling a financial crunch this week and then to have to spend $250. in 48 hours to put down part of my family seems incredibly cruel. I should be spending money on happy things...
I'm so worried about Beanie-he and Buck were brothers and best buds--the vet told me to leave Buck's lead and collar out for Beanie to smell and realize that Buck isn't coming back home...and then shower Beans with some extra love and hopefully he will be ok.
Please, God...I just pray that the dying is over for us at our house for a very, very long time. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Susi so so sorry. You have had your fair share of sadness:Cry:. I sue hope things start to get better.
Our good friend had her golden put to sleep last night she would have been 19 on the 27th. She was trying to wait untill after the holidays but she was in bad shape.

susi794

Staff member
Sad to put down an old friend at any time of the year, but particularly so at Christmas time. All the world is rejoicing and all you feel like doing is crying.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I know I have to go call my friend now, we talk every morning but I feel so bad, she sent me A text last night at 10pm saying it was over:Cry:. She had A vet come to the house and do it.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry: I'm sorry!

My Fav Bullie is getting up there; he is 10 which is OLD for them... It crosses my mind all the time, hubby says he is leaving town when it happens! Me &the dog have been through sooooooooo much..... mostly him getting me through it!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Susi,
I know my post isn't going to make anything easier...but try to focus on the fact that you had the chance to say goodbye. There are many owners in this world that never had the chance to stand beside their pet and tell them how much they were loved while they slip off to the Rainbow Bridge. I euthanize pets every single day. Many days include more than just a handful, and we may see 10 or 20 or even more pets, the lucky ones are those who have an owner that wishes to make their final farewell a joint action. If this were my final day on this earth, I'd hope there was someone who would hold my hand while I left. Buck was very fortunate in this aspect. And, unlike a very good number of people, you were selfless enough to take Buck's health ahead of your own benefit and let him go...even though it hurt you very deeply to lose his company.

Might I suggest getting a Christmas tree ornament as a memorial to Buck?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I love the ornament idea!
I also agree to be thankful you where with him and got to say good bye, Our Mickey passed 2 years ago while we where on vacation:Cry: Friends made A grave for him so I talk to him when I am out back, but never got to say good bye to him makes me feel bad.

Our friends husband cooked A t-bone for their dog before the vet got to the house so she had A great meal, and sat with her on the floor while it was all being done!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi, my heart is breaking for you:Cry::Cry: I have never lost more than one pet at a time, and I felt like I would never smile again. I'm so sorry for your losses. If I was there, I would give you a big old hug. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dear susi, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You've certainly been through more than your share and in such a short time. :Cry: I pray that things get easier soon. Let Boo, Lulu and your other dear babies comfort you.

Brooke

Banned
Oh Susi, I have tears streaming down my face as I type this. I'm so sorry. I know the pain you're feeling. It brings me back to this exact time last year when I had to put my beloved dog Virgil to sleep right before Christmas and then a month later Harold was so sick with heart failure. You're right, it's so hard to celebrate and see all the joy around you when all you want to do is curl up in a ball and cry. I wish I could say it gets easier...I wish I knew the right thing to say to make all your pain go away, but I mostly just wish I were there to give you a big hug.

tessblack

Banned
Oh so sorry to hear this second round of news. I can't imagine how you are feeling and don't even know what to say that can make any difference. It is hard at times especially with the financial side of it. I am stressed right now because I need to have a good cushion for the kitties in case of any incident. Try and smile and let Beanie comfort you as well as you comfort him. You are in our thoughts.

tess

Annabanana

Lairian
Oh no not another :( I am so so sorry. This really is the hardest time of year to lose someone you love, I am always paranoid something like that will happen amidst the joy. Its a bittersweet year for me too as I had to put Oreo down last January.. I know how you feel wanting to just curl up and cry. Hugs to you :(

susi794

Staff member
I need to say thank you to each and every one of you for all the kind thoughts and prayers. I have said to people who have just joined that we share each other's joys and sometimes our sorrows and that they are among friends here. Never has that felt as true to me as it does now. I DO feel as though I am among friends and I DO feel your warmth and understanding and I want you to know that it really does help. I love you all--and thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Susi and the rest of my gang

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi, so sorry I'm late again with my condolences but I just wanted to let you know that I know exactly how you feel. Several years ago, I had to put down my beloved Siamese retired show cat PJ just three days before Christmas! Not only was PJ a gorgeous Siamese grand champion, he was also a wonderful cat and my best friend. I was so heartbroken that Christmas, I couldn't stop crying for days. :Cry: The only thing that gave me any comfort was the company I had in my surviving cat Sydney and the thought that PJ was no longer in pain and was in a better place over the Rainbow Bridge.

I know right now the pain seems like it'll never go away, but it does eventually. Your beloved dog is in a much better place now and you have lots of other animals remaining in your life to fill the empty hole in your heart with their love and affection.

By the way, the Christmas that PJ passed away, I did get a little angel Siamese cat ornament to put on my tree to honor PJ's memory. Every year when I take that ornament out of the box to put on my tree, I smile and remember the wonderful years I shared with my buddy PJ. :Smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back