Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Crawly-butt reaction to clothes?

RedRobot

Lairian
She's forgiven me for putting the sweater on her (see pic) but she's still scooting around like there is a 10-lbs weight on her butt. If I start putting her in clothes more regularly (now that it's getting cold), will she eventually stop acting like this?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@RedRobot awh,, your avatar pic is adorable. I dont have advise to share as mine go nakid here after one of mine got a nail stuck on a sweater and nearly fell from a high place snuck up on. members will surely chime in
@Toa and Ross and others

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You might not bother with clothes. Our boy is a confirmed nudist unless he’s going for walks or adventures with us. In cold weather (even in hot weather) we have lots of blankets and quilts, sunny windows, and warm spots for Cleo and Marcus to argue over. They definitely prefer those to clothing. Oh yes, don’t forget warm laps too!

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have that too in my home. mine still has is moments when he walks around with a heavy weight on his butt. When wearing his clothing. But as it gets colder his clothing is becoming more warmer and he is fine. He has worn clothing all his life as I bought him with clothing on. He is now 2.4 years old.
I have noticed the clothing that is a little longer on the body does not effect his strutting at all. But the shorter ones do. Not sure if it is just my little bugger. I always look for a raglan sleeve instead of the tube sleeve. And buy an XL. This appears to be a much better fit. It could be the tube sleeves that restrict the front legs this is why. I have no solid proof only personal experience on one cat so far.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lol mine still does this right at first when I put clothes on him but he gets over it quickly. I look at it as them whining and complaining. They will get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back