Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Crazy Day in the Life of Me!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My husband picked up this little bird from a parking lot, it was very dehydrated, and had a broken leg. Unfortunately this was not a situation where rehab was an option and she has to be euthanized.

053-5.jpg

Then he got a call about a 3-4 week old kitten who had been abandoned and not eaten for at least two days. The shelter is not equipped for this and they told me that they currently have several kittens fighting respiratory infections and she would get sick if brought there. So I took her in, fed her, gave her some sub q fluids and found that she was also flea infested. So I called a local groomer and she agreed to give her a flea bath, as I don't have any cat flea shampoo. Once she was all clean and fluffed, we were back home and the groomer called to say that her sister wanted to raise the kitten, Yay! She has experiance raising babies and does not have any other cats right now. So we took her back and delivered her to her new mommy.

Somewhere in between all this I managed to cook dinner, and finish my final exam paper for Psychology!

Anyway, knowing how important pics are to the lair, here ya go!

She can eat!
063-1.jpg

All fluffed up and flea free!
065.jpg

susi794

Staff member
Sorry about the bird, but how adorable is that kitten! I love the pic with her in the middle of the food. And she looks great all fluffed up and flea free. She's a lucky little girl your hubby found her and brought her to you.
Love ya,
Susi

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
lol, yeah at first I tried to keep her out of the food, but she was so hungry and determined that I just let her go at it!

Bella07

Banned
I love how she is eating! Awww, but she is so adorable. Glad that she has found a new mommy to love and raise her. Sorry about the bird, but it's for her best interest. Sounds like you always have a crazy filled life! All the way from deers to birds. :ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you for always doing your best to help the weak and weary. There is nothing more valuable than a heart of gold. Blessings to the little bird, and congratulations to the fluffy kitten for finding a loving home with lots to eat.

All this and dinner to boot! You are a rare breed Gadzukz.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor birdie. But you saved the kitten and she has a good safe home now. I wish my job allowed me time to nurse animals.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She was hungry! The people who turned her in didn't think she could eat, they tried to give her canned milk. As soon as she got a whiff of that food she attacked it. Poor thing! I heard from her new mommy this morning to let me know she is doing well, and is loved.:ThumbsUp:

Back